“Very good for a family going to Disney - definitely recommend”

Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here just before the holidays for 3 nights, during our visit to Disney.
We were a day late in arriving due to flight problems; after a request the hotel did not charge us for the missed night. Then we received a complementary upgrade to the 5th floor (Hilton Honors) which was very kind and welcome after a 50 hour trip!
The two room design worked well for us, being jetlagged - if some were awake, we could watch TV on the sofa in the sitting room while others slept in the bedroom (we had 2 queens for a family of 4). The room had a fridge w minibar, a coffee pot with tea and coffee. The one thing we did go out and buy was bottled water, as the bottled water in the room was expensive and the tap water smelt and tasted strongly of chlorine. Wifi worked. the hotel made some attempts at recycling, at least there were two bins for regular and recyclable waste in the room.
The pool has good hours and was warm enough for a swim even first thing in the morning. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, sufficiently supplied and cleaned during our stay, everything functioned, really no complaints and a pleasant experience!
The service was very good overall, with the nice warm cookies upon arrival and kind people in the restaurant, bars and Disney welcome center. The concierge helped us with a restaurant reservation and also got us a great taxi driver called Eddy.
We had breakfast as part of our package, good choice and quality.
Only a few minor complaints during our stay - one was with the shuttle. The hotel is within walking distance to the park entrance - about 15/20 minutes. We walked it the first day and decided to take the shuttle the second day. It is supposed to run every 20 minutes but after waiting it never showed in over 20 minutes so we walked again. Instructions weren't too clear in the hotel and the front desk service wasn't too helpful in clarifying how, where or when to get it. We ended up walking the 2nd day as well in the end, so the $5 per person tickets were wasted.
The parking is also expensive- $16 /day - we knew this prior to arrival but still seems pricy, considering many people come by car or want to have a car during their time in LA. It is the same price as parking at Disney.
Lastly, upon checkout i found that we were still being charged for the 1st night - the manager the first day had not sorted it out in the system, despite having taken copies of my flight documents and saying he'd take care of it. I had to give again the documents and have the same discussion. In the end they took it off the bill, just took an additional 15 minutes that I had not planned (and had already done once).
I would recommend it though to any family planning a trip to Disney, the value for money and location are both very good.

Other recos for the hotel: 1) provide some young kids' activities - a play ground, or play area, even a disney movie area in the reception while you're checking in. A small disney item would also be a nice touch 2) provide complementary bottled water, at least a large bottle, upon check-in. 3) provide accessibility to floors by stairs, as elevators often full and it is not a problem for some people (or even a preference) to take stairs rather than elevators

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank neuchcat
Write a ReviewReviews (2,605)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Pros:
Bang for your buck
Food Quality and Quantity
Location
Sleep Quality

Cons:
Slow elevators (Couldn't think of a major con, but I have to list at least one.)

I've stayed here 4 nights per week for the past few weeks. Check in has always been quick and efficient. The "Welcome Back" gift packs are great surprises and very appreciated.

The rooms are well appointed with multiple TV's, comfortable couches, and refrigerators.

I have always had great sleep quality here. The thermostats are easy to set at cool temperatures, and the fans run all night long for gentle background noise.

The breakfast buffet is awesome. There is a nice selection of hot food, and the selections change on a daily basis. The fruit and pastries have always been quite good, too.

The bar food is quite good. I really like the chicken quesadilla and garlic fries.

The gym is small but more than adequate. There is a small arcade across from the gym that seems popular with kids.

I plan to continue to stay here on business for the next few weeks. Thanks for the great service and comfortable accommodations!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank aww3583
Reviewed January 17, 2014

A lot of great things to say about this Doubletree property which is deserving of its high TripAdvisor rating. A couple of minor issues are impacting my overall rating but all in, this is a property that I highly recommend. Details below:

What I liked: I had several reservations at Hilton properties over the holidays and this was the first property that had all rooms reserved pre-assigned and close to each other, so check-in was a breeze. One of the room was upgraded to a suite style room, and as I quickly found out had a direct view of the Disneyland fireworks. The double-Queen suite was spacious and comfortable and the room layout was quite functional. Beds were extremely comfortable and with the doors closed - calm and quiet. Actual bathroom was a bit small but a separate area with sinks and toiletries compensated for the lack of space. This was also the first property were the appropriate numbers of towels and toiletries were provided for the # of guests in the room. The regular king size room is smaller but was adequate for the needs of other members in our parties. Not a standard Doubletree offering but this hotel offers coin operated laundry on the 5th and 7th floor (and those machines were in high demand the day we checked-in). The laundry machines and dryers were actually quite efficient (hotel dryers have a tendency to take forever but this one was able to dry a fairly large load in 30 minutes). As far as location, it is close enough to Disneyland that you can walk (about 15 minutes) or use the ART transportation system. As a Diamond member, complimentary internet was provided and the service was reliable throughout the stay. Also, full breakfast buffet is one of the Diamond benefit at this property. The breakfast offering is quite diverse, fresh and tasty. We particularly liked the pastries. It is also possible to have cooked-to-order eggs, pancakes,... Given that this was during peak period, the price paid for this property was also quite reasonable providing for an awesome value

What to watch for/could improved: We had dinner at the main restaurant right after check-in and service was quite rushed an uninspired. Food quality was good and portions were generous but this was not "the best meal of our life". Waiter might not have appreciated that we were there for a quick bite (appetizers and light meals) rather than a full, more expensive dinner. For breakfast and throughout the hotel, we had excellent service during half of our stay and rude/cold service during the other half (change in staff). We also encountered one housekeeping issue where the room was occupied at the time of initial visit. Housekeeping staff offered to come back later, which they never did - so around 6pm, we had to call in the front desk so that someone could at least come and pick up the garbage, bring new toiletries and towels. Finally, there was an issue with one of the room assigned where the hallway ventilation system would produce airflow that was trapped next to our room, creating a whistling noise underneath the door. As soon as we would open the door - no noise...

This is a property that is treating its top-tier members well and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for proximity to Disneyland, without having to stay at one of the Disney properties

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ottwatrvllr
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Just came back from my trip to disneyland , and was extremely satisfied with my stay at double tree . check in was smooth and so was the check out . complimentary cookies were great & warm.
Hotel is located right next to the disneyland parking lot, lot of restaurant and convenient stores around.15 mins of walking distance to disneyland resort .

One good thing about this hotel is that they dont charge for parking , so you save on that .

Breakfast was reasonable and kids eat free .

The only suggestions which i would like to give is that that they should have complimentary shuttle service to disney park.

Value for money hotel .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Doubletree in Anaheim for a trip to Disneyland. We had 3 adults and 2 children in our party so finding places that would accommodate us all comfortably was a challenge. The room was perfect, lots of room .We used the ART shuttle system which had a stop right in front. The only trouble with that was you never knew if they had just come or right down the road. Some waits were rather lengthy .Room was clean, some wear but not bad. Wished there had been a free breakfast buffet though!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was a wonderful experience, we enjoyed the hotel very much and we will for sure stay at this property again. The hotel is very nice, with beautiful comfortable suits . We loved the privacy from the living room to the bedroom; in addition, the service, the clean rooms and the food. We loved it. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have been going to Anaheim for a trade show for a few years but I thought that I would try a different hotel this trip, even if the hotel was a short walk from the Conference Center. I decided that I would try the DoubleTree Suites and I do not regret my decision.
The hotel was clean and appears to be well maintained but this is not what makes the hotel. It is the STAFF.
Check-in was fast and my warm cookie was there waiting for me!
I was blown away with the suite. In the past I have paid more and only got a room. I have never had so much room. FREE wifi all over the hotel was a great plus as I could keep in touch with home anywhere on the property. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and supplies were always replaced.
Breakfast and dinner were eaten at Agio Ristorante. The food was good and on the last night I decided to miss the starter at dinner and have dessert instead as there was not more room after the portion of the dinners. A wise decision as the dessert of molten cake was good!
You can't just say the food is good and leave it there. The service and staff were outstanding and extremely friendly both on the morning shift or the dinner shift.
As someone not from the area the staff was always willing to help with directions, call taxis etc. This was greatly appreciated.
You will see me next year!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business