We stayed here just before the holidays for 3 nights, during our visit to Disney.
We were a day late in arriving due to flight problems; after a request the hotel did not charge us for the missed night. Then we received a complementary upgrade to the 5th floor (Hilton Honors) which was very kind and welcome after a 50 hour trip!
The two room design worked well for us, being jetlagged - if some were awake, we could watch TV on the sofa in the sitting room while others slept in the bedroom (we had 2 queens for a family of 4). The room had a fridge w minibar, a coffee pot with tea and coffee. The one thing we did go out and buy was bottled water, as the bottled water in the room was expensive and the tap water smelt and tasted strongly of chlorine. Wifi worked. the hotel made some attempts at recycling, at least there were two bins for regular and recyclable waste in the room.
The pool has good hours and was warm enough for a swim even first thing in the morning. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, sufficiently supplied and cleaned during our stay, everything functioned, really no complaints and a pleasant experience!
The service was very good overall, with the nice warm cookies upon arrival and kind people in the restaurant, bars and Disney welcome center. The concierge helped us with a restaurant reservation and also got us a great taxi driver called Eddy.
We had breakfast as part of our package, good choice and quality.
Only a few minor complaints during our stay - one was with the shuttle. The hotel is within walking distance to the park entrance - about 15/20 minutes. We walked it the first day and decided to take the shuttle the second day. It is supposed to run every 20 minutes but after waiting it never showed in over 20 minutes so we walked again. Instructions weren't too clear in the hotel and the front desk service wasn't too helpful in clarifying how, where or when to get it. We ended up walking the 2nd day as well in the end, so the $5 per person tickets were wasted.
The parking is also expensive- $16 /day - we knew this prior to arrival but still seems pricy, considering many people come by car or want to have a car during their time in LA. It is the same price as parking at Disney.
Lastly, upon checkout i found that we were still being charged for the 1st night - the manager the first day had not sorted it out in the system, despite having taken copies of my flight documents and saying he'd take care of it. I had to give again the documents and have the same discussion. In the end they took it off the bill, just took an additional 15 minutes that I had not planned (and had already done once).
I would recommend it though to any family planning a trip to Disney, the value for money and location are both very good.
Other recos for the hotel: 1) provide some young kids' activities - a play ground, or play area, even a disney movie area in the reception while you're checking in. A small disney item would also be a nice touch 2) provide complementary bottled water, at least a large bottle, upon check-in. 3) provide accessibility to floors by stairs, as elevators often full and it is not a problem for some people (or even a preference) to take stairs rather than elevators
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center is ideally located one block from the Anaheim Convention Center and just one mile from Disneyland(R) Park and Disney's California Adventure(R) Park. Now offering free wifi and 100% Non-Smoking facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Anaheim
- Doubletree Hotel Anaheim
- Doubletree Resort Anaheim