Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I really expected more from this property. The parking charge was exorbitant at $16 night...do not pay it...there is on street parking nearby. Our room smelled Iike insecticide and the grout in the bathroom was a mess. The coffeemaker would not make two cups at one time. The onsite restaurant was a ripoff despite good reviews. Definitely would not return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SadieMT
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear SadieMT,

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel.

Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience.

I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Best Regards,

Deborah Fisher, Manager
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Conveniton Center

There are newer reviews for Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We are Disneyland Hotel guests for over twenty years but this DoubleTree Hotel surprised us with their excellent service and friendly staff. And, yes, we can be bribed with cookies. We wish this hotel was just a bit closer to the Disneyland Resort but we loved everything else about our stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visiting Disneyland was as magical as we anticipated, but the stay at this DoubleTree made the weekend perfect. We were able to watch the fireworks from our room and the breakfast is such a wonderful amenity. Something for everyone!

3  Thank Richard T
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Calling the fitness center a closet would be generous. Even by Hampton Inn standards, this was a poor fitness center. My King room as really small. The chair to the desk actually bumped up to the bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jared C
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Much friendlier than other Hilton Hotels I have visited. Immaculately clean, newly refurbished rooms. We had a 2 queen bed suite on top floor (7th). Breakfast was good quality but there is also a Denny's across the road. 20 minute walk to Disney park entrance, bit longer coming home with tired legs! Shuttle is available at 5 dollars each per day. We arrived at 11am - checkin not until 3 - so left our bags with bell service and headed to parks. Can't fault the hotel, others are a bit closer but may not be as comfortable for the price paid.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

this is a very clean and modernly furnished hotel. it is quiet around all the busy disneyland properties. The front desk staff, especially Maria, is kind and professional. they even give you a warm cookie when you arrive. great hotel to get some rest near the attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lmij
Reviewed October 26, 2013

First the positives - the location is great, walkable to restaurants and Disneyland. We were able to walk back with our sleeping kids on 2 occasions and transfer them straight to bed. The rooms are a decent size, we had a 1 bedroom suite which was ample space for our family of 4. We also had breakfast included in our rate at Agio Restaurant which was nice each morning. The self laundry was handy ($1.50 per wash, $1.75 per dry).

Now the negatives - we had checked out on Wednesday afternoon as we were leaving that evening. We placed our bags in our friends' room who we're staying on. Unfortunately my son became ill and we had to stay another night. When we arrived back at the hotel, both my husband and son covered on vomit, we were shown no compassion or assistance (ie towels, water etc). We were given are very high rate for a 2 queen room ( not suite). The next morning we decided to extend our stay for another night ( although we would be checking out that evening). When I rang down to reception I was told that our current room was not available but they had other rooms available but check in wouldn't be until 4pm. We explained the fact that our son was sick and we needed somewhere to stay. I then went down to reception and explained our position face to face. I told them I was happy to move to another room, but I wanted to coordinate it with our check out. The girl at the front desk found us a suite and said that we could move straight away. Unfortunately the young guy (Sean) who I had spoken to on the phone earlier came up and whispered something in the girl's ear - extremely rude and not very subtle. She then told me I had to check out at noon and couldn't check back in until 4pm. The manager overheard the conversation and said we could stay in our current room and all was ok - so why the run about with the other 2 staff members??? I advised that we would pay the full rate, however we only needed the room until 8pm. Upon check out at 8pm the girl tried to charge us an early check out fee as well as the entire rate. Something I had never heard of and had not been advised of upon check in. After wasting 15 minutes it was okay'd for us not to pay this fee - so beware.

I doubt we will stay again at this hotel.

4  Thank Emma1975
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Emma1975,

Thank you for your review. I’d like to apologize for the way the hotel staff handled the situation with your ill son, we should have shown a lot more empathy. In addition, I’d like to apologize for the difficulty you encountered while extending your stay, we should not have made the process so challenging.

Please know this is not the excellent service our hotel is known to provide. Again, please accept our apologies for your experience.