Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. It was great and accommodating for my family of 5. Good service, the rooms and everything else were very clean. I did notice a few things that werent cleaned properly but I couldn't fault the cleaning staff for them as they were easy to notice things. Also loved that they had in house laundry. Huge bonus. I would definitely bring my family back to stay here. Ps the amazing chocolate cookies they give you on arrival are an awesome bonus.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort is great for families, the rooms are great. The staff were all very helpful and friendly apart from one Bar lady. The pool area is good for kids. The breakfast was just average but kids eat free which is good for families. The shuttle was right out the front so made getting to Disneyland very easy and was only $5 for adults a day and $3 for children, you can also walk it is only a 15 minute walk.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Naomi M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

One of these days I will stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel. However, if I need to book 3 rooms again, I will definitely come back to Doubletree. There were1 of us all together and it was perfect. Everyone was very comfortable (the one bedroom suites rock). It is a bit of a walk to Disneyland and there are shuttles to take you back. It is definitely a great hotel if you just need base camp for Disney adventures and don't want the whole family on top of one another. The restaurants were nothing exciting which is fine since there are tons of food options in that area. The check in went well and everyone was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling on business. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious. Great location convenient to Disney parks and restaurants. Would definitely return with my family.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Chantalfnp
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in a one room suite. Accomadations were small, but clean and comfortable. They cleaned the room, folded some of our clothes that were left on the bed. They only replaced towels when we threw them on the floor in a pile. The staff was friendly. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet for $13.50. The staff was very good in the dining room and the food was good as well. The price of the room does not include a shuttle, which is $5 per day per person. We found it a lot less expensive to take a taxi to Disneyland. (Around $7 for one way). You could walk too...but you always do a lot of walking while at Disneyland. Usually the rooms have local info and things that are going on. When we finally found it, there was not much info. All in all we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor (top floor). It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GeneT60
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Spring Break/Easter Weekend...

We were given a 2 room Suite on the 3rd floor facing the back of the hotel....

Check-in was a good, however there was an issue with the number of breakfast coupons given out (since I'm a Diamond Member) it's usually not an issue, however the front desk consultant, said that they are very picky about the coupons and that she would have to check with her supervisor (4 days later that had never happened)

The hotel is located along Route #1 or #3 Anaheim Resort Transit which has a stop directly in front of the hotel (on the sidewalk) or you can hop across the street as to not have to do the whole loop...A typical 3-day Adult pass is $12 per person, a 3-day Child Pass is $5 per person..this is for unlimited rides with a 3 day period...

If you happen to want to walk to Disneyland, it is a good 20 minute walk..there is a 7-11 to stop at at the corner of Katella & South Harbor to get sundries etc...

The restaurant staff in the hotel were great, and the Kids Eat Free for Lunch or Dinner (was used a couple of times...

We ate breakfast there every morning and were greeted each time by a wonderful lady (didn't get her name)...buffet is small but ample enough for breakfast time...the cool thing is the pancake machine that makes fresh pancakes for you and rolls them out onto your plate in about a minute...you can also order omlettes but you have to do that with the waiter or waitress..

The only issue I had with the hotel was when my son had cut his knee when he fell on glass in the pool area..I brought him downstairs to the front desk and asked for a first aid kit and after a few minutes was told that they didn't have any bandaids or gauze...so I was told I could walk across the lobby to the gift shop to get some bandaids...needless to say ...

Other then that, parking is $16 per day, and you can come in&out as you please...there is also a Resort Fee included as well...

Thanks again to the restaurant staff for their superb service and to the hotel for a nice room...

Room Tip: If you want a room that is away from street noise, ask for a room facing the back parking lot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank caneshockey31
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was on the fifth floor and overlooked the pool area.

First, the positives:

1) Spacious - having stayed at other hotels near Disneyland, I found these hotel rooms had plenty of space.
2) The cookie at check-in - OK, this is silly I know, but we had a long flight and I was starving so I really appreciated the fresh cooked cookie.
3) Restaurants - it is close to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Morton's for better dining, and Denny's and fast food for simplier fare.
4) Noise level - the hotel was full or near capacity, but I found it quiet and I am a light sleeper.
5) Bathroom setup - OK, this might also be silly but I liked that the sink was outside the toilet/shower/bath area - when someone needed the sink you didn't have to wait if someone was using the shower.
6) I like that there is a separate bedroom with two doors (one to the living room area and one to the washroom area).

Next, the not too sure's:
1) Food - we did not eat here except for coffee at Starbucks downstairs in the morning.
2) Parking - we did not park here.
3) Distance to Disney Parks - as others have mentioned it is a 15-20 minute walk, depending on how fast you walk. We walk a LOT, so this was not a bother for us, but if you have problems walking or mobility issues this could be a concern.
4) Room appearance - it was neither dated nor modern in our room. There was a pullout couch and TV and small bar fridge, and the separate bedroom had 2 queen beds. Our room was clean.

The negatives (or maybe just not as positive as the positives):
1) It is a little removed from the Disney area, if that is what you are there for.
2) It is a little removed from the Convention Center area (in relation to some other Convention hotels), if that is what you are there for.
3) Maybe it was just my room, or the number of quests staying here, but the shower pressure was lacking for me. This was a minor annoyance and would not influence my staying here again, but I wanted to list everything!
4) One day we left for the Disney Parks and someone had left their room service tray in the hall. We returned to the hotel a good 12 hours later and it was still there. However, it was gone by the next day, but I still wonder why it took more then half a day to pickup an empty food tray, and I found myself pondering how many staff must have walked by the tray that day without removing it. That was only on 1 of the 6 days.

So, who should stay here? If you don't mind walking and if you like having a larger room (compared to some of the others you might get in the area around the Disney Parks) then I would stay here. If distance to the Disney Parks or the Convention Center is a bigger priority then room size, then don't bother. I would stay here again for the quality of sleep and the size of the room.

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher floor, away from the elevators and overlooking the pool - it was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family