“Wonderful stay with family for Disneyland visit.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #10 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California
“Wonderful stay with family for Disneyland visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel definitely met my family's expectations. We were a family of 9 (5 adults and 4 kids) and booked 1 suite and 1 regular room. We had plenty of space. The single room with 2 queen beds was enormous, with lots of room to run around in. The suite was nice as it gave us the option of putting the kids to sleep in a quiet space while the adults watched television in the other room. Check in was a breeze. Parking, though expensive (this is the true of all hotels within a mile of Disney/convention center), was easy and not too far away. The hotel has 2 dining options. We only bought food from the quick service cafe for breakfast (mostly pastries, bagels, coffee, and a few pre-made bagel sandwiches). It met our needs for the morning. With kids, we had brought plenty of snacks and drinks. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in both rooms. The hotel, though completely booked for the night, never felt crowded. This was comforting, especially after a long day at the Disney resorts. We've stayed at all 3 of the Disney hotels in the past. While they are super convenient to the parks, they are extremely expensive. For a comparable space, I was quoted for over $1000 at Paradise Pier...I was taken aback by the quote for the Grand Californian. The appearance, comfort, and ease of coming and going at the Doubletree were so much better...at less than half of the cost. This will be our go-to hotel when visiting Disney in the future. I would give it 4 1/2 stars (1/2 star off because of the cost of parking) if I could.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank alma c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
East Bay, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Almost worth a 4 star rating. The hotel was decent. The rooms are large, though we’ve stayed at a few “suite type” places in the past and I’d likely go back to one of them next trip. Pro’s – the Hotel lobby was clean and comfortable with the couches as a nice place to “meet up” with family. The hotel is within walking (long walk – 15 min) of Disneyland. The rooms are clean upon arrival and the beds were WONDERFUL. The front desk staff was friendly and we loved the welcome cookie. The pool and spa were also very nice. The rest was average. While the room was clean upon arrival, during our stay is was obvious the maid staff was rushing through the process and wasn’t very concerned about the cleanliness of the room during our stay. We slept in one morning and when I requested service for later in the day was told it was too late and I’d have to wait – pretty much in that tone. Having Starbucks in the lobby was great except the line was long every morning and the gal serving coffee was clearly overwhelmed and as a result wasn’t overly friendly either. The last day I was printing boarding passes off in the business center to the left of the lobby (very convenient) and I accidentally locked my room key in the center. I went to the front desk and they sent me to the bell hop who acted like I had just asked him to give me a piggy back ride or something. He huffed and puffed all the way (30 feet) across the lobby and unlocked the door at which point I thanked him but inside was laughing (in astonishment) at his response. Humm. . . . the more I type the more I’m thinking a firm 3 ½ stars and I’ll select another hotel going forward. Kudos to the front desk team and the arrival process, the rest of the staff needs improvement . . . or a vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank travelgirls07
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great rooms, big enough for a family of six. This is the second time we have stayed here and it won't be the last. We can't wait to get back to the park and this hotel. The only thing I wish they would change is to get rid of the $16 a night parking fee...

Room Tip: With a big family choose two queens, with that and the pull out couch, you can sleep 6.
5 Thank Spoder
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am stuck between Average and Very Good for this hotel. I didn't love it like I have another Anaheim hotel, but I didn't hate it.
POSITIVES
- the large king bed was extremely comfortable, and the block out curtains great.
- view to the fireworks perfect without the hotel shaking (like some others & frighten the kids)
- one bedroom suite sizeable, and allows privacy when using both the bedroom and the sofa bed
- Starbucks coffee bar in lobby
- distance to Disneyland, and decent restaurants (Ruths, Mortons) nearby
- clean and tidy
- request the 7th floor as it is above all the noise (unless you get noisy neighbours which we unfortunately did)
- fridge and microwave convenient for snacks
NEGATIVES
- for us, we weren't greeted by the Concierge - we had to bring our luggage in - he was in fact reading the paper at the time. On checkout we had someone different who was very helpful.
- the breakfast staff were random - I find this to be quite a theme - if they're not waiting on your table, they don't have any desire to help you
- our daughter was very sick one night and it took over an hour for a bucket to be sent to the room - along with fresh towels
- the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable (I know this is normal, but some are better than others)
- no coin machine in the laundry - having to trudge down to the lobby for $5 in quarters at the end of the night is annoying
- love the cookie idea, but the only ones are with walnuts - what about those with nut allergies?
- no Shuttle to Disneyland

Room Tip: 7th floor facing the rear car park -quiet, and can see the fireworks at night. Avoid rooms near end...
3 Thank madkat16
Red Deer, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went with our two children and booked a suite with two queen beds, room was very clean, and it was great to have the bedroom separate from the living room/tv area. Living area a little on the small Side but not a problem. Room was spotless, very quiet and comfy. We liked the hotel as it was not overrun with kids, we always had the pool to ourselves, elevators came quickly etc. had a good meal in the hotel restaurant and kids ate free, so it was reasonable. Friendly front desk staff, quick check in and as others have mentioned, fantastic cookies upon check in! Cafe is not a "real" Starbucks, so although you can get some of their products, staff on the two occasions could not make a standard drink, and could not steam the milk to proper temp so actually I refused to take my drink, for Starbucks prices, I would expect their staff to be properly trained. I have a sister who works as a district manager for Starbucks, so I know they would have access to proper training in the hotels as she has done it here for the Westin chain. Despite the cafe, everything else great, we bought a bus pas at the front desk and took the Bus to Disneyland each day, yes you can walk, but with two small children its a little too far. The bus stops right at the driveway to the hotel. We would recommend this hotel and would return no problem!!

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights before Thanksgiving and everything was wonderful. We had requested a fireworks-view room and were on the 7th floor where we enjoyed the fireworks each night. Our check-in was smooth and the pack and play we had requested was already set up in the room. The room was immaculate and easily accommodated our family of six. We brought a white noise machine for our toddler, since we use one for him at home, but even when that was off we did not hear noise from outside the room. It is a bit of a walk to the main gate, but we had a stroller with us and our other children (7-11 years) had no problem walking. (One day we were there from opening to 8:30PM and the kids were very tired--we grabbed a cab for under $6 before tip). We had Starbucks from the lobby each morning, room service one day (just for one, who stayed in the room with a sick child) and everything we got was wonderful. Another night we ate in the restaurant and showed up just before they opened (we didn't pay attention to the hours) and they were very accommodating and welcoming. Our server was excellent! I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: I think any room overlooking the pool would have a fireworks view, we paid for a fireworks view, and...
2 Thank Heather K
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights for our sons 5th birthday celebration at Disneyland. The location is great. Where we stayed in the hotel (on the 7th floor) it was quiet from any street noise and there were no rowdy patrons either. The hotel does not offer it's own shuttle to Disneyland, however you can buy a bus pass for the ART bus and take unlimited trips to and from Disneyland. The bus stop is right outside the hotel, so it is very convenient. The breakfast buffet is just okay, but the bonus is that kids eat free!! Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

3 Thank Stevensmommy