“Amazing fun!!”

Find Your Inner Top Gun
Ranked #2 of 105 Fun & Games in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
Reviewed June 5, 2015

I did the F-16 simulation. Being an aviation enthusiast I jumped at the chance to do this. The total time spent here was 2 hours.

Firstly the offer you the jumpsuit, (why would you knock it back), all I needed was some aviator glasses, and the total Maverick experience would've been fulfilled! Then it was off for some instruction on how to fly, the various buttons on the joystick, as well as the throttle and the basic principles of flying. Also they inform you that you will be given unlimited bullets & countermeasures, but only 6 air to air missiles, just like the real thing.

Then it was off to the simulator, where you sit in a mock up of an F-16 fighter plan. Down shuts the canopy and you are in control. You take off, and then for the next 40 mins you are in an air to air battle with your friends, as well as a couple of computer controlled aircraft. Then its time to survive in the skies, while you battle each other to see who is the real TOPGUN. At the end of the battle, you then land the aircraft.

Great fun, and time went by so quickly. Had it not been for time constraints, I would've returned for another go!

Cost was USD$58, and its located about 5 min drive from the Disneyland area.

2  Thank Dan A
"a lot of fun"
in 21 reviews
"john wayne"

Reviewed May 20, 2015

I am not a pilot but have always wanted to learn how to fly a plane. My son and I did the 737 Simulator with Instructor Kevin Allen. My son did great "flying" to LAX and Kevin didn't have to help him too much. On my flight, Kevin had to help a little bit more, LOL! Its kind of like learning to drive on a Mack truck...but safely! Very, very fun. If you are interested in flying, this is a must do. Thanks Kevin and Flightdeck staff!

1  Thank BJ P
Reviewed May 16, 2015

As a retired pilot who had not flown for many years, I decided to try out the B737 Flight Simulator. The session started by a briefing from my instructor Steven Wallerstein. He covered the systems and procedures of the aircraft thoroughly. I found Steven to be very knowledgeable. He brings a wealth of experience from his previous job as an American Airlines pilot. When I sat in the pilot's seat, Steven acted as my co-pilot. We got airborne and I flew several approaches to Lax, John Wayne and Ontario airports. The experience was unbelievable. After 90 minutes of flying, the session came to an end. I felt that I had actually flown the Boeing 737 aircraft. The simulator is very realistic, especially with visual display. I will repeat as I miss flying and this is as close to the real thing as possible without spending a small fortune.

2  Thank Amerjeet
Reviewed May 5, 2015 via mobile

Such an enjoyable experience! Got to fly the 737 with my husband and mom watching. I have a flight simulator at home, but this is way better and so worth it! Looking for a fun opportunity to learn to fly, this is the place. They also do combat flight simulation which I'm sure is equally as exciting! We got a very informative instructor Kevin Allen. He walked us through successful take offs and landings and we both had so much fun! This is a must for anyone wanting a really unique afternoon adventure!!!