“Loved everything about it!!!!!”

Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center
Find Your Inner Top Gun
Ranked #2 of 105 Fun & Games in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
Reviewed March 26, 2015

My Dad and I were in town for a couple days and wanted to skip the whole Disneyland scene. We found a flyer for Flightdeck at the hotel we were staying at and decided to give it a shot. We did the Fox-1 program and both of us were able to pick up on the controls very quickly and found ourselves having fun in this simulated environment. In the group that we were with, there were people of all skill levels and abilities. Some were trained pilots and then there were those who were just taught the basics of flying from the short briefing that you get before you go into the simulators. No matter the ability, everyone in the group that we were with got kills during the dogfighting session and had fun during the landings. The staff was all very nice and worked with you to make sure that you were doing alright and that you were able to have fun. I even heard them communicating with other pilots and coaching them throughout the experience. They have headsets so that you can communicate with the other pilots, they even separated us into private channels so that my Dad and I could trash talk each other as much as we wanted.
We had such a great experience the first day that we went the next and did the Fox-2 program. Both were awesome experiences and unless you are someone that is looking for any reason to hate experiences (haters gonna hate), you will absolutely love this experience.
Leave the kids at Disneyland with the Grandparents for an afternoon and go try this, you will not regret it!!!!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2015

The front desk staff and the instructors were all so helpful! I went alone because I wanted to check it out first, but there was actually another person there by herself, a couple of couples, some returnees... The group is small enough that you're not overwhelmed, but enough people to make it fun!

I'm so excited to come back with a friend, or a group of friends since it'll probably be even more hilarious. If there was an option to book the room for like, 6 hours, I would do it.

Reviewed March 24, 2015

I booked a 60min flight in the 737NG. I've been a flight simmer for many years and I'll tell you this was a fantastic experience! The staff was awesome and my instructer, Jim , was top notch. I'm looking forward to another flight soon!

1  Thank jetinsp
Reviewed March 23, 2015

My son gave me the air combat experience as a gift. We had a blast. Definitely a fun experience for family or a group of friends. The equipment is great and there is plenty of help and time in the air!