“Awesome experience!”

Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center
Ranked #3 of 102 Fun & Games in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm sad I couldn't get a groupon deal for this place but it was still worth every penny!

$59 for a flight simulator for the Fox-1 jet. I would suggest for you to reserve your time & day over the phone first as it seems that they do get pretty busy. I took my bf for a belated valentines gift & he loved it !!

Pre-flight Process:
1. First you go to a small room to change into a flight suit (OPTIONAL) But it's so cool & fun so why wouldn't you?? Haha.
2. Then you go into another room where an instructor teaches you how to take off, land, combat fighting, brake, shoot missiles, etc. (the class was about 15-20 mins I wanna say)

Flight:
1. You are each assigned a jet where an instructor will help you on a ladder to get inside
2. You then put on your headset and wait until you're clear for take off
3. They give you 5 mins to take off and to practice flying and turning so you can get the hang of it
4. COMBAT TIME!!! Kill and avoid getting killed lol. This part was fun, but I didn't get much kills :(
5. Finally you go through 4 landings (2 day time + 2 night time)
6. After your flight, the instructors will give you scores based on how many kills you got and how well you landed. But just so you're aware, they do this in front of everyone including people that are waiting for their own flight lol it was quite embarrassing for me since I only got a score of 8 !!! I didn't even get to the double digits! :(

Overall, this is a great experience and we both had a ton of fun !! The instructors were super nice! (Too bad I forgot his name ... lol) And we will probably come back again with a group of friends :)

2 Thank Joannewu89

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great accoutrement, but terrible main point.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Everything about the place is cool, except for the main reason you're there. The staff is super friendly, you get a flight suit, "training", and some coaching while you play the game. That's where the experience falls apart, you're playing essentially a game that's of the same quality as any Windows flight sim you can purchase off of the shelf. In my case my controls were busted with the throttle flopping around, and the joy stick needing calibration. Again the staff is super friendly and all the details they put into it are cool, but the game is not realistic and there is no simulation other than you're playing the game from a box with a bubble lid instead of the office chair at home. The experience is not worth $60 in my opinion, but maybe my expectations were too high given the high reviews, marketing, PRICE, etc.

1 Thank Joshua W
Paulhomer, Owner at Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi Joshua,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience here at Flightdeck. I always appreciate hearing from guests, good news or bad news, or (such as yourself) even the disappointments. This always gives us a chance to improve in any area we may be lacking which is something we always strive to accomplish. We are very diligent in maintaining our equipment in the cockpits such as the throttle and joystick. This is very expensive equipment which, as you can imagine, gets a lot of use (and abuse). After your flight in 308, our crew found the HOTAS was damaged and determined it was the customer before you who was responsible. I'm sorry we didn't catch this beforehand. I apologize for the disappointment you experienced with us. I do hope that one day you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the experience you fully deserve.

Paul Wigboldy
CEO/President
Albuquerque, New Mexico
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Really cool!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great tour, seemingly flying over various areas of California. Even our young kids loved it. Great break from the heat too...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lee M
Corona, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Truly Special Event That Is "Bucket List" Worthy!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Planning a truly memorable team-building event for a group of Top Microsoft partners from around the world is to say the least, a challenging undertaking. But I must say that Flightdeck was hands-down, a WINNING choice!!! Everything from the initial planning to the day-of execution was flawless. Paul and team are so easy to work with and do everything they can to accommodate special requests. The day of the event was filled with excitement and even though we arrived late the Flightdeck team made it all work out and I was able to simply enjoy the day with my squadron. I would highly recommend this venue for special events and your tough-to-please, "been-there-done-that" audiences. The F-16 & 737 simulators, flight training and flightsuits are of high quality and the staff are fun and professional. I literally had several attendees pull me aside to thank me and tell me that one of their dreams had just been fulfilled! How can you top that?!

-Kate M
Microsoft Project PMG

1 Thank Kate M
California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Thrilling Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Ever want to fly a fighter jet or a 737, if so then this is the experience you have been waiting for. To fly the fighter it is $59.00 for 40 minutes. The 737 simulator is $199.00 for a 90 minutes flight, or you can have a 50 minute flight for $150.00. Once you enter the facility depending upon which simulator you choose, you are given a briefing. If you choose the fighter then you are also given a flight suit to put on. The 737 you wear your regular clothes. There is 9 fighter simulators and you play against each other. You have takeoffs and landing and dog fights. In the waiting room your guests can sit and watch a screen that is monitoring what you are doing. Each screen is numbered corresponding with the simulator that you are in. If you crash and burn then a scull and crossbones appears on the screen. You are scored by the number of targets that you hit and compared to the other simulators. The 737 simulator is exciting you feel like you are actually piloting this aircraft. You take off from LAX and fly to John Wayne, you experience blind flying, bad weather etc. Both of these simulators are exciting and a lot of fun. Especially if you bring your friends with you and then you can compete against each other. It is also a great place for your children to have their birthday parties. There is a separate room for the children to have their party plus little simulators for the children to play in while the parents are experiencing the actual one. I would highly recommend the flight deck for a different and exciting experience.

2 Thank zenakitty1
Hi Zenakitty,

Thank you so much for writing such an comprehensive review of your experience here at Flightdeck. It's encouraging to hear from our customers after they've visited us. We try very hard to provide a unique and exciting experience for customers just like you. Hope to see you in the friendly Flightdeck skies again.

Paul Wigboldy