“Oh yes!”

Find Your Inner Top Gun
Ranked #2 of 104 Fun & Games in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I REALLY had fun here. Not a full motion and not the OG parts from the 737, but a great full working mock up. Although they are still using Win 95 software for the FS (when I went) it was to be upgraded soon. Really not too many places you can do this, so I highly reccomend you go out and check it.
I'll be honest, I barely made the field and I have experience flying the real thing (props though)

Paulhomer, Owner at Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hello SonicSpringBok - Thanks so much for posting a review about your experience with our Boeing 737-700 flight simulator. We really enjoy having real pilots try their hand at the big "bus" as we affectionately call it. I do need to correct one important item you mentioned and that is about our operating system. We've been running on Windows 7 for almost a year now and before that Windows XP. Hope to see you back some time and nail that landing! Until then - Blue Skies...

Best Regards,
Paul Wigboldy
Owner

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Quite simply, my 2 1/2 hours at Flightdeck "made my day". I choose to try both the 737 simulator and the F-16 dogfight and I'm so glad I did. This place is appropriate for pilots and non-pilots. My 737 instructor, Angelo, walked me through the entire procedure, from first entering the cockpit at the gate to engine start to pushback to taxi and takeoff and landing. He made it enjoyable, not stressful. After flying around SoCal, we headed to NYC and ended in Fort Lauderdale, my home town. I loved every minute.
Then came the F-16 experience. Our instructor, call sign Rabbit, first briefed us on the operation of the F-16 and what to expect during our experience. We then "mixed it up", dogfighting among the other "jet jockeys" and finally performing 4 landings. While you don't get to feel the "G's", you definitely feel the exhilaration of the fight.
Don't miss this experience!!

1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed September 14, 2013

as someone with modest power experience and some gliding experience over a span of , 50 years, I was curious to discover whether my acquired airmanship would survive something as unlikely as a flight in a 737.
Angelo Cosma put me through the pre take off and course set up procedures and I marvel at the complex and yet logical steps are involved as my pre take off procedures can be counted on 10 fingers.
After several take offs and landings,and with the steady coaching of Angelo,.I successfully negotiated the approach into Kai Tak which left me with awe struck disbelief.

For anybody who wonders whether they can do it, I say " Give it a try"

Thank you Angelo for a n unforgettable experience

Mike Russell Ipswich Australia

2  Thank Mike R
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I took the 90 minutes on the 737 simulator and I don't regret it!
Excellent experience. My instructor, ex-delta pilot Dave Hansen, was great! He was very enthusiastic and made this 90 minutes a dream for anybody who loves flying.
I was able to do several exercises at different locations and in different conditions.
I really recommend this! Thanks Dave!!

4  Thank Alberto163
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Took my father who is a former navy pilot. Just wanted him to experience the thrill of being in a plane again even if it is simulation. I swear I could see a twinkle in his eyes when he put the flight jump suit on.

4  Thank Wga A