“Loved it!”

Find Your Inner Top Gun
Ranked #2 of 106 Fun & Games in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A group of us got together and went down to Flightdeck. We had to reschedule a couple of times with the size of our group but the staff was great and the owner personally helped us schedule at time that was convenient for us. I would recommend this to anyone! Especially anyone who wishes they could be a pilot. We had a blast dogfighting each other and the time goes by so fast because it’s so fun. I only wish we lived closer to Anaheim and we would go more often!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"bucket list"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Came here with my husband on Sunday for the Fox 1 fighter jet simulation ($59 each, but we had a groupon. By the way, the fox 1 is great for beginners, but there are other flight types you could try) at 11:30 am (1st run of the day). We actually got to the Flightdeck center at 11 am and so we checked in and just kind of hung out until it was time for us to start. When we first came in, we were immediately greeted by the girl at the front desk and one of the flight instructors. They were pretty friendly and told us we could walk around and take as many photos as we want, which we did. The girl at the front desk even offered to take photos of us together, which was really nice of her to do so.

When it was time for our adventure to begin, we were escorted to the life support room to suit up in jumpsuits. You can hang up your jacket or sweater on the rack if you don't want to wear it under your jumpsuit. But there is no where for you to put your purse if you bring one (well you could bring it with you when you get into one of those flight simulator planes, but the space is a bit small in there).

After everyone put on their jumpsuits, we walked over to the briefing room and was instructed on how to steer (which was much harder for me than I thought it would be). Our instructor was really nice and friendly and patience with our group of people (you are with other people, up to 10 people I believe for the fox 1 flight jet thing). He was really good at explaining how to turn, steer, shoot missiles, etc. It was also helpful of him to use a model jet to show what happens when you pull back the joystick or turn it up or down, etc.

Then after our lesson, everyone walked over to where the flight simulators were and got in. If you are claustrophobic, you don't have to have the windshield of the jet go down. There is also an air vent so it doesn't get too stuffy and you can also turn it if you don't want the vent to blow air right at you. By the way, the flight simulator planes/ jets are stationary, so don't worry about rolling or feeling the movement when you go to the left and such. But since you are looking at a really large projector screen, you may get a headache if you keep turning and turning for 45 minutes straight.

We had a sound check for our head phones and mics and then had a chance to practice flying and turning. Then after that, we went into the dog fight. Basically in this mission, your main objective is to pretty much kill everyone else (via missiles or by the machine gun). At the end, you also get to practice landing 4 times (2 during the day and 2 during the night). Total, the entire time (including suiting up and instruction) takes about 90 minutes.

I had a TON of fun and was really surprised that I was actually able to kill a few other planes and make turns and such. I am by no means a pro but was proud to get through it. Honestly, during the instruction, I didn't think I was going to be able to turn and kill anyone, lol. But of all the females in our group, I had the most kills. My husband had the most kills of the entire group (but this is his 2nd time coming and my 1st time). I know all of this because each person in the group gets a print out of how everyone did at the end (worthy to frame and hang on the wall, why not?).

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to come check this out because it is just so different and just an awesome place to go with your friends, significant other, or just yourself because you are playing with a group of people anyway. And if you are the top gun of the day, you earned bragging rights for the next few days.

Oh and by the way, there is plenty of parking in the parking lot and there are clean female & male restrooms. This place is an easy find, located right off the 57 freeway.

1  Thank meowmix318
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Offers a great experience but comes at a high cost, there are other flight simulators, try going over to Exposition Park at the USC Campus, lots of interactive exhibits and museum pieces to view.

2  Thank tj4diving
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

At first when I went in, I thought it was going to be high "g" training and stuff like that, which I was a little worried about, but it wasn't. The session I was in was with 9 other people, ranging from ages 18ish-60ish. There were some people who were friends, then others who were there by themselves, so I didn't feel awkward being there my myself. They have you put on a flight jacket to make you feel the part, then take you into a classroom to teach you the controls. Then it's about 50 minutes in the actual simulator. Each person gets their own "plane" simulator to get into. They also have you land a few times and you get graded on how well you do. It was a fun time, and I would for sure go back again

3  Thank mattyboy81