“I'll be coming back again!!”
Review of Hotel Pepper Tree

Hotel Pepper Tree
Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Oakland, California
“I'll be coming back again!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I found the Hotel Pepper Tree here on the Tripadvisor, and after a lot of research decided it was the one for me. I'm glad I did because I was very pleased with my stay.

The thing I appreciated the most was the cleanliness of the room. It was literally spotless; not a speck of dust or cobweb to be found anywhere. I can not remember a more clean room anywhere else I've ever stayed. The room itself was quite large and comfortable. The bed was also comfortable, as were the feather pillows.

I only had one problem with the room. I am used to sleeping in total darkness (something my wife insists on). Unfortunately that was not the case as an outdoor patio light was automatically turned on ALL night ( I presume for security reasons), and the black out curtains, as is often the case, did not completely block out the light. I would have slept better had I remembered to take my eye shades. Other people might not have had a problem.

The room was relatively quiet, even though I was right across the hall from the elevator, and I could not hear my neighbors next door or above me. Even the hall sounds seemed a bit muffled.

The front desk people where exceptionally friendly and helpful, and it did not seem forced or artificial.

Although the room had a small kitchen, I did not use it. It had a full sized refrigerator, microwave, and stove. There is also a Mexican restaurant where I ate several breakfasts (they have a great deal on a full breakfast) and one dinner. The food was reasonably priced and good, but not great. Again the help staff was friendly. It met my needs well.

I did not use the pool so I have no idea what its condition is.

I will be back again in December, I will definitely plan on staying at the Hotel Pepper Tree again. They even offered a $20 voucher towards the next stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Needledoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Hotel is great as it has a full size kitchen with dishes. Closets are huge and very close to disneyland. We stay there every year, for the last 4 years. We will always go back.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have to say it was great. I have no complaints at all. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
The rooms were clean and the restaurant was great as well.
My husband and I have agreed that the next time we go to Anaheim, there is no question where we are staying.
Thank you again for your services!
Sincerely
Natalie Prieto

Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Our family of 4 stayed at Hotel Pepper Tree for 3 nights. We were first impressed by the front desk clerk and equally impressed with management. There was a discrepincy in the price and we wanted 2 queens - they went out of their way to accomodate us. The area is average, not good or bad. The room is dated yes, but clean, large and very comfortable. We enjoyed having the full kitchen. The kids loved the heated pool. The $4.50 breakfast for the WHOLE family was great before a long day at the Disneyland theme parks. If you dont expect luxury, but want convenience, a clean comfortable, large room and great value - this is the place for you. We will return!! Thank you Hotel Pepper Tree... my daughters 10th Disneyland Birthday was great, in part to you!

Indio, California
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My fiance and I stayed one night and wish we had booked more days the room was the best! the bed was the best part it felt like I was sleeping on AIR!!!! it was so cozy and I cant wait to go back the staff were so great and had really good service

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Our room was a double queen with a small kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and the area was quiet. A nice perk was the bag of samples {Advil, shampoo, body scrub, tooth paste, etc) that was in our room in addition to the standard shampoo/conditioner/soaps. We were offered the 4.50 breakfast deal but did not take advantage of it. We did not feel the area was unsafe and our room did not smell as previous reviewers had written. I did appreciate how the management addressed the negative reviews and that was another reason why I made our reservation here. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. If we return to Disneyland, we would stay at Hotel Pepper Tree again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
long island, ny
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed here July 18th, 2010 for one night. Room was clean. not too far from disney. Room was 80 usd for one night. Room was clean but decor was dated. Walls are very thin so you can here people above and next to you. Bed was very comfortable. Neihborhood was a little scary I did not venture out with the kids. 2 1/2 stars out of 5. A good reasonable place to stay