“Great Friendly Hotel! Nice Stay! We will be back!”
Review of Hotel Pepper Tree

Hotel Pepper Tree
Ranked #26 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 3, 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Pepper Tree July 22nd thru July 29th. The
girl's at the front desk greeted us,and welcomed us with a plesant smile. That was nice after the long drive. The people that work at the front desk, are the best. Mayra is the person that I booked the reservation's from, and she has been the greatest.
She went out of her way to make everything perfect. Also, Ric went out of his way too. Whenever you have a problem ,they fix it right away. Unlike other places that we have stayed in. We have season passes, and have been in a lot of hotels.
This hotel is close to Disneyland, unlike what others might have said. It took us 8 min from the hotel to Disneyland Parking garage. Also, the parking is ten dollars a day. Save your ticket you can come back. We did do that; since the hotel was so close. It is nice to take a afternoon nap and swim. What I really enjoyed is we saved a lot of money. We ate in our room.. It is nice to be able to cook your own meals. The kitchen had everything we needed to make full meals. That was a nice added touch. Plus a nice size refrigerator, and small freezor.
There is a Ralph's across the street. Also, we had a cook out right by the pool. We stayed on the 3rd floor over looking the pool. We had a great view. We slept great, and heard no noise,unlike others said. I guess it depends on were your are. Also, depends on the guest too. The beds were very comfy. When we got there they had the air on for us. I noticed that it wasn't that cool. I told Ric, and he came right up and cleaned the filter. That did the job. It was great after that. Also, Ric changed the shower curtain. It smellled very sour. He was very helpful and kind.
The maid service came twice a week. They forgot towels and t.p.,
and shampoo. No problem, someone is always there with the cleaning cart, and they gave it to us. We took our garbage out all the time. When it is so hot, the ants come in. They did spray, and that helped. All in all, this hotel was right for our family. If you like room service, and everyhting else it won't be the place for you, Friendly service, spacious rooms, full kitchen, and reasonable rates,comfy beds, nice pool, close to Disneyland. Than this is the place! You can't go wrong at! Thanks again Mayra and Rick, also the gardner,he asked twice if he could help us with our luggage. We appreciate your kindness. My family and I enjoyed our visit.
We will be back!
Ron, Andrea and Cassondra Willis

11  Thank Caligirl2525
Write a ReviewReviews (3,043)

Reviewed August 2, 2006

When you go to the website is says
$79.00 for a kitchen studio all over the website but when you want to make a reservation, they always says that the actual price is $159.00... this is so crazy how can you stay in a hotel that is false adverstising........

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank melquij
Mark4464, Owner at Hotel Pepper Tree, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2006

I am sorry but we do have king rooms from $79 nightly which go up to $99 in high season. Yes we do have 2 room suites that can be as high as $159 but then we only have 5 of them? Please contact me personally at the hotel so that we can further explore your issue.

Reviewed July 26, 2006

We read the reviews and thought we would give it a shot. Our first obstacle was arriving at 11:00pm at night. I guess we were the only people who thought it was an obstacle. The night clerk was waiting with a smile and addressed me as I walked in the door. I apologized for getting in so late, but she wouldn't hear of it. She was just happy we made it and that the following nights room change (to a suite) would be ready for us when we returned. They moved our luggage and fridge items with out a bit of hesitation. The following night we arrived to our suite at midnight (again a late night arrival). We opened the door with all of our luggage moved and the fridge full of our items. I didn't know could get customer service like this in the big city (there service is that of a bed and breakfast). The suite was spacious and cold (they turn on the a/c before you arrive - GREAT SERVICE!) The only problem was there weren’t the right size beds for the five of us (two families). We call the front desk at 12:15am and asked if we could move back to our two queen bedroom. He thought there was something wrong with the suite. We said there is nothing wrong with the suite we just need two queen beds and not one king and one twin (the beds are to die for!). He politely said let me check and quickly got us moved again! He even ran the keys up to the third floor to help us get moved as quickly as possible. I haven't had a hotel/motel/resort/time-share etc. treat us as nice as the late night staff did at Hotel Pepper Tree! IT WAS A GREAT HOME AWAY FROM HOME EXPERIENCE (this is not your typical hospitality - these are the people who teach what hospitality is)! Thanks for a great night, we will be staying with you as long as your there!!!

The Malone's & Encina's

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank jmalone
Reviewed July 12, 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Pepper Tree for two days, because it offered a lot of ammenities for travelers and a higher level of luxury for it's moderate price. The property is well maintained and landscaped, the interior was absolutely stunning. We were amazed that the owners thought of every comfort, even down to the inner hallways that feature a padded carpet delightful to enjoy after a day of heavy walking around Disneyland.

The rooms were spacious and full of small comforts. From the padded mattresses, to feather pillows and the chairs in front of the television armoire. The room features a full kitchen with all utensils, that allowed us to cook meals in our room. We also enjoyed the private balcony.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it for anyone who wants a special place to get away to when in southern California.

11  Thank Erika W
abbotsford, b.c.
Reviewed July 6, 2006

As stated in other reviews, you couldn't beat the staff for attentiveness. Everything we asked for they were able to accomodate. When we had problems with the air conditioner they were down to fix it. When we had lights burnt out on the patio, they were there to fix it. We appreciated their attentiveness very much.
The hotel was really adequate for our families as we had two families with 18-22 year old children. We rented two of the 2 bedroom suites and found that there was more than enough room for privacy and comfort. We did get a portable extra bed for $10.00 extra per day for our 5th person in one room.
The hotel is not fancy. If you are looking for a 4-5 star place, this is not for you. They are working hard to upgrade. But I am not sure why this hotel would be rated #2 in Anaheim. How do you rate that anyway, all have different features and options. If you are looking for an apartment type hotel then this would be a #1 in my opinion. If you are looking for posh then it definitely would not be a 1 or 2. We felt like there are a few things that still need to be worked on, one was the water, it was either scalding or freezing. The other was that we felt that it could have been cleaner below the surface, the corners, behind the beds etc. The pool water was almost hot. We weren't sure if there was something wrong or if the sun just heated it up. It felt like a hot-tub. That could either be good or bad depending on your preference.
Our kitchens were in good working order and helped us save tons of money. We enjoyed the bar-b-que and the store directly across the street. Make sure you take out one of their savings cards as it will save you a bundle. There is no shuttle to Disneyland, so you have to figure on the parking fees at Disneyland into the overall equation.
All in all, we would go back again for this sort of vacation. It was a great place for a couple of families to meet. If I was looking for a 4-5 star place I would not book this hotel. If I was coming with just one other person, I would probably book something a bit closer to Disneyland. I would rate the service 4 star, the hotel itself 3 star, but the layout for a larger family or group would give it a 5. So, I guess our overall rating would be a 4.

• Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 1, 2006

a great stay at a great hotel.....only complaint i could see was only cleaned rooms every other day.....but when you wanted anything ....soap, towels etc....they had em right there........
when we got ready to leave we couldnt find a couple of my daughters things which she had left rolled up in the bedding, when i went to check out they had them right there at the counter
smooooth.....check in was easy too....a weekly rate and a clean hotel...this was a perfect place to stay....across from grocery store to boot 5 minutes from d-land and knottsberry farm many thanx to rick and staff...........thanx again

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Very clean hotel. Super friendly staff. Always helpful with directions to anywhere my family wanted to go. Hotel Pepper Tree has an awesome location. Everything we needed was within a few blocks (Supermarket, Fuel Station, Drug Store, Fast Food, and of course Disneyland is just minutes away, as well as Knotts Berry Farm). Even the Hotel guests were very friendly. We were treated like Royalty. Again the Staff deserves two thumbs up. We will be staying there again very soon. Oh, I forgot to mention the rates were one of the best in Anaheim. Very affordable for our family of four.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member