Hotel Pepper Tree
$143
$139
Fairfield Inn
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$134
$806
$677
  • Restaurant
3,161 results
All reviewsfull kitchenhotel peppertreeprivate patiospanish stylegrocery store across the streetcontinental breakfastfront deskhome away from homeknotts berryenjoyed our stayminute driveanaheim areaparking lotnice staydefinitely stay here againyogurtdisneyland trip
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay for 3 nights while visiting Disneyland.
Overall, the hotel is clean and adequate. We had a two queen studio room, with a mini kitchen.

We did like having the mini kitchen, which saved us money on breakfast everyday and provided a place to make snacks. The odd thing was that there was no table and chairs to eat at in the room. On the patio there was a VERY small wire table and two chairs but nothing inside the place. This was a little odd. My husband wanted to do some work but there was no table to do work on. We had made breakfast but had to eat it at the coffee table or picnic style.

There isn't free wi-fi at this hotel, but it is reasonably priced. At the time of our stay, it was $5 per device, per stay (not per day). The only problem was that the signal was weak and would drop often. There is no true lobby, so there is no place to go and sit/do work/catch a little quiet away from your room.

The enclosed patio (1st floor) was very nice. It's very private and was well maintained. Our first morning there was a sick rat on the patio, which became a dead rat within an hour. We told the front desk when we left for the day and it was gone when we returned. Our only complaint about this was that they didn't lock the sliding door when they left.

There was no beside clock. Luckily I had my phone. There wasn't a plug near the side table, but I had brought my own extension cord and was able to have my phone near me, without using up the battery through the night.

The beds were a little too firm for my taste, but ok. They didn't sag at all. The pillows were flat, but plentiful. The blankets were very thin and didn't provide much warmth. It would be nice if there were extras.

If you are staying this hotel while visiting Disneyland, keep in mind that it is NOT near the freeway. After a long day of walking and crowds it seemed like a long drive to get 'home'. It's really not very far, but with all the lights and stop and go travel, it felt like a long drive late at night. While not in a touristy part of town at all and not in the best of neighborhoods, we didn't feel unsafe. There is a Target not very far away, in case you forget anything important.

Overall, the hotel met our expectations and was OK. It was a good place for the price paid, but we probably won't be returning. It's just a little too far away for us and lacking too many things that we would like in a hotel. This is a good hotel for extended stays or visitors who will be spending more time at their hotel base.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EsKezzy
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I chose the Peppertree because of the rate and then I read the reviews. I was very satisfied with my stay of 2 nights. The employees were very friendly and the room was clean and fresh. My room was on a corner near the traffic so it was a little noisy, but I couldn't beat the price for the quality. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank I_Relax
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've stayed here I believe three times now and still love the place. Love the decor of the hotel, the staff is super friendly, and it's always nice and quiet inside. We love having the kitchen on longer vacations for leftovers and if we're tired of going out to eat.
Only two minor complaints I have are the wifi is fairly unreliable, it comes and goes and at times can be great, othertimes you can't access anything. Also it could use better blankets for the beds. Both pretty minor though, if you want a great price with some great value, this is the place to stay in Anaheim

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Let's be fair.
Is this the best hotel in the Disneyland area? Absolutely not..
Is it the best value? You better believe it!..
Is it the newest hotel in the area? No
Is it a dump? No way.

There is no doubt that the rooms could use a fresh coat of paint and a good carpet cleaning, but it was still by far the best place I have stayed in the Disneyland area for the price. The king suite was very large and comfortable and very nicely decorated. It was way better than the motel-xyz chains in the same price range.

The breakfast served at the restaurant next door was not bad for $3, and is optional since you have a full kitchen in your room. It was still better than the "continental" breakfast served at the other motel-xyz's.

The staff was friendly, helpful and polite. They resolved any issue we had with a smile.

The property is close to DIsneyland, but don't plan on walking. The area is not as bad as I was expecting from some of the other reviews. We felt safe at all times and had no trouble reading signs :-)

I really don't know what others are expecting, but we were happy with our stay and we will be going back in December!

Thank you Pepper Tree for a low cost, cozy, comfortable place to stay that's not one of the big nationwide chains.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

A cosy little motel with a great feel to it. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The courtyard rooms are terrific with a private courtyard complete with fountain and bistro. The room upstairs left their bathtub on and we ended up with a complete bathroom "shower". The staff had us moved to another room very quickly and efficiently. Highly recommended.