Hotel Pepper Tree
  • Restaurant
$152
$106
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$151
$854
$698
  • Restaurant
3,162 results
All reviewsfull kitchenhotel peppertreeprivate patiospanish stylegrocery store across the streetcontinental breakfastfront deskhome away from homeknotts berryenjoyed our stayminute driveanaheim areaparking lotnice staydefinitely stay here againyogurtdisneyland trip
Reviewed October 15, 2012

1st off I feel this hotel deserves 3.5 stars but that's not an option.

This was hotel number 3 of 4 on our U.S trip.

It was booked based on reviews on here, price and proximity to disneyland and the L.A Angels baseball stadium, both of which were visiting on our two day stop in Anaheim.

The rooms are ok, a tad dated in their decoration but its nice to have a full size fridge, which we took advantage of and a full kitchen, which we didn't.

Some issues with the room included:

Lack of safe, add to this the sliding door on the balcony is'nt mega secure if you ask me and therefore theres nowhere safe to put your stuff, however we did ask the reception to hold our passports when we went out, which they were happy to do.

old school noisy aircon system, which wasn't that efficient, but luckily it wasn't that warm anyway.

wifi that you not only have to pay for per device but it was very up and down.

despite that the room was spacious and the patio was nice to sit out on in the evening, even though it looked out on to a main road.

There is a really good mexican supermarket over the road where you can stock up your in room fridge or get fresh fruit for your breakfast etc.

All in the hotel was ok, not to bad but also not amazing either.

Would I stay there again?

Probably not mainly due to the amount of options in the immediate area

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

On August 28 of 2012 we had planned a family renion/vacation which included two little furry ones... I'll like to emphases these as it was the primary reason why we selected this particular hotel since they offered a private patio. Note that I called in two different occasions; the first time to figured out how far we were from our original destination and to make sure that we were in fact going to be given the private patio which was ideal for our pets. The second called was to confirmed.
When making my reservation I also added a comment as why and for what reason it was so important that we got the private patio...
The first night went by pretty smooth, the following morning my husband arrived at this property around 7:00 am to take the dogs with him to the beach as we had planned to be gone the rest of the day and we wanted the dogs had a little fun too. He came back at approximately 9:00 am for breakfast and yes the dogs were a bit upset about not coming along. Anyone with common sence would know that this can be a common behavior and will stop once owners are complete gone. We did not even get a chance to leave when a rude woman called regaring the dogs...
Once on the front desk we were told that the dogs had been barking for the past 3 hours. Really? I should've requested that they review their lobby surveillance camara as this was physically impossible -the dogs had been at the beach all morning. While discussing our differences with the manager, he stated that his wife "Lupe" which we shortly after found out that she was the same housekeeper who had been peaking from the balcony to our patio a few minutes earlier and had exchange a few words with my father that morning. The housekeeper Lupe inturrapted our talk with Richard by saying telling him that "so and so" (refered by name)who seem to be a tenant not a guest had complain about the dogs; my father was very surprise and said to her "you're the wife?" she said "yes, AND?" Richard then said that we were not going to be charge for the rest of the reserved days etc... OH LORD! Just when you thought it could not get any worse. When we asked for corporate contact we were told that the owner was a busy Australian who had bought hotel a few years back and did not handle any guest related issues personally so if I had anything else to object I might as well keep it to myself or just let Richard know again as he was the only manager for both Lemon & Pepper Tree Hotels.
As of todays date we had not yet been able to emotionally recover from such a poor mediocre manner in which this whole situation was handle.
Despite the very unfortunate incident, the hotel is quite charming. For those who are willing to take the risk to encounter Lupe, Richard and the rest of their descendents in a bad mood -you may what to know that this hotel is very unique, clean, spacious and very comfortable...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Mark4464, Owner at Hotel Pepper Tree, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your review and I am sorry for your experience. Unfortunately the hotel has a strict policy, when on occasion, we allow a guest to bring a pet. We have zero tollerance to noise or disturbance , especially if we cannot contact the guest. I am sorry that you clashed with our manager : we usually get excellent feedback from our guests when it comes to Rick and Lupe. For the record I am one of the Australian owners and I am involved with the hotel on a daily basis. I am happy for you to contact me persoanlly to discuss our handling of this incident.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in late September. We were travelling around the west coast and made this hotel our base to explore LA.

The hotel-
Firstly, this hotel is too far out if you want to explore Hollywood and the beaches. It is only around 33 miles to Hollywood but with LA traffic took us around an hour, although parking is not as expensive in Hollywood as you would expect and easy enough to find.
We arrived at the Pepper Tree around 8pm and were greeted by very friendly reception staff. The staff are a credit to this hotel. The hotel is a quaint rustic Spanish style that I loved.

The room-
We were given 301 which faced the car park on the back of the hotel. The room was large, kingsize bed, sofa, kitchen, fridge, large wardrobes, desk etc. I would stay that if you are using this hotel on holiday, it's a little too equipped. We didn't use the kitchen at all or the full size fridge. From talking to the staff on reception, the hotel is used a lot for extended stays, people in between houses, people who have moved to LA and don't have a place to live yet, they even have a few rooms occupied by retired people who live there! Condition of room was poor. Curtains had food on them. Kitchen had crumbs down side of cupboards. Pans and pots tired and well worn. Bed sheets very dirty, had yellow stains, had to get clean ones from reception. Large stain on sofa cover. Tv old and not very good. Air con very noisy. Fridge noisy. Large patio windows were thin glass, you could hear everything outside.

It depends on why your visiting this hotel. Extended stays, yes. Holidaying, probably no. It's cheap enough and the area is safe and has lots of shops and restaurants. However, if the rooms are being used on a long term basis, then they are bound to get worn and dirt ingrained in. Maybe it needs more of a deep clean after the room has been occupied for a few months and furniture covers and kitchen utensils need replacing when unable to get clean.

Overall, an ok stay. However, with bits and pieces changed and cleaned and updated, this hotel could be amazing! But then it wouldn't be as cheap!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsB170
Mark4464, Owner at Hotel Pepper Tree, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. We will investigate the condition of this room immediately. I am quite surprised as we are usually complimented on how clean our rooms are and the convenience of having a kitchen. Just for the record we are not mainly extended stay but a mix of leisure, business and a small number of extended stay guests, usually on work assignments or relocating to the area; probably very similar to most other hotels.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed this week at the Pepper Tree for two nights. Staff was very friendly. We had the bottom floor, and I must say that I LOVED IT! the rooms were so very nice and cozy, the enclosed patio was also very nice. We payed a minimum fee for hot breakfast, which was not anything fancy but still delicious. They also left a little goody bag in the bathroom which was an addition to the already included shampoos and soaps there. There is a very nice grocery store across the street that sells delicious food, excellent if you are on a budget, the rooms have a small kitchenette that really does the job. I cannot say enough good things about this place except that I wish we would have stayed here the previous years we visited Disney. I think this is the place we will now stay at whenever we go to Anaheim. It was a close drive to Disneyland, took us less than 10 minutes. The price for the rooms were very fair! The motif of the hotel really made you feel at home. The negative reviews are unfortunate and few, believe the hype and stay here, I would recommend the bottom floors with the enclosed patio. Excellent! We had a lovely lovely time! Thank you!

Room Tip: Bottom floors with the enclosed patios are so cozy, you have your own little garden with a water fountain out there. It's getting cold outside, make some coffee or sip cappuccino outside at night, it's wonderful!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MacFamily_01
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The value for the money here is unbeatable. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, basically a studio apartment. The furniture is all rustic, yet very clean and well maintained, which gives character to the hotel.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, and helped guide us around Anaheim and LA.
It's a 5-minute drive away from Disney and Knott's, with many services/shops/restaurants around. It's a 40-minute drive away from LA and the parking is free and spacious.
The hotel has a beautiful small restaurant with a tiny breakfast buffet and very friendly staff.
In summary, this is one of the cutest hotels we've ever been to, and would DEFINITELY stay here again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple