“Brilliant theme hotel with good space usage and good staff.”
Review of Hotel Pepper Tree

Hotel Pepper Tree
Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
New Delhi, India
“Brilliant theme hotel with good space usage and good staff.”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel while visiting Disneyland on our way to San Diego from Las Vegas. The room 208 was a delight. The decor was nice, had everything one could need and the space usage was brilliant.
Jesus at the front desk was super helpful - we lost our way to the hotel (thanks to direction from google maps) and he stayed up till 2:30 at night outside his work hours to help us reach the hotel safely. Superb customer service. We would visit again!

Room Tip: Room 208 is pool facing and brilliantly designed.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This was an excellent hotel for us since our daughter brought a friend on vacation with us. They had their own room and we had our own room. The kitchen in the room was perfect for late night snacks. The room were very spacious, we did not feel crowded at all, there were five of us. We will definately be back!

glendale
Reviewed July 29, 2011

From the moment we arrived, everything was beyond our expectations. Jesus at the front desk went out of his way to make phone calls to restaurants, get us directions, etc. The room was super cool - vintage Spanish Colonial style. The details in this place will surprise you at every turn. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this little jewel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Placerville, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

When we drove up and saw the exterior I thought OMG, what have I done?!? Booked it largely on price and also on some of the reviews. Once inside we were quite pleased. It's definitely old and funky; those wanting something sparkly new and Disneyfied should stay away. The furnishings were on the shabby side but everything seemed pretty clean and the room was huge, with a kitchenette. Desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again.
We had dinner at the Mexican restaurant next door and found it authentic.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed with two adults and two boys aged 8 years and 10 years and loved it. The building is interesting and nicely decorated and furnished. The rooms are big and very well equipped and comfortable. We used it as a one night stay over and wished we had planned to stay longer. We would certainly recommend to others. The restaurant next door looks very basic but the Mexican food is very good.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and had a balcony with a window door which fully opened making the room...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at the Peppertree from June 14 through July 7 and had an absolutely wonderful experience there. I went to be with my daughter, her husband and family for the birth of their first child. From the time I placed the reservation per phone with Jesus and Rick, the manager, I was extremely satisfied. Then, once I arrived, it only got better! The staff (Deycy, Jesus, Chris and Matthew) was knowledgable, friendly and most helpful. The suite was great, the pool was wonderful, the cleaning staff exceptional! Everything about the hotel was outstanding. I have stayed at many hotels in Anaheim these past 3 years, but the Peppertree is BY FAR the best in every way. I highly recommend it and I will stay there whenever I return. A huge thanks to Rick and his fantastic staff! Ginni Walker Chicago, IL.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Live Oak
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The hotel is not very visible. We almost passed it up until I saw the restaurant. The facade of the hotel isn't very appealing. Needs to be freshened up with paint. The hotel lobby was very nice, quaint, and homey. I really liked the Mexican tile. Once we got to our room I was rather surprised how nice the room was, considering the condition of the building. Don't let the outside fool you. We got 2 queen beds for my two kids and my husband and myself. My husband thought the beds were too soft. They were soft, but I didn't have problems sleeping. The room was clean and the housekeepers did a wonderful job keeping our room made up. I was pleasantly surprised when they washed our dirty dishes - I wasn't expecting that. The hotel provided everything that we needed. We picked this hotel as it's about 3 miles from Disneyland, and I believe it's close to Knott's BF. We don't like to be around the hustle and bustle of Disney throughout our stay and this hotel provided a nice respite from all the noise. As we were eating our breakfast in the restaurant I could overhear a couple arguing about the hotel. The lady wanted to know why her husband picked this hotel, how far was it from Disney. She continued to badger him. He had finally asked her to stop. One of their teenage daughters wanted to take a walk around the neighborhood. Her mother promptly told her she couldn't because the hotel was not in a good neighborhood and there wasn't anything to see and shop. This hotel is not in the ghetto. It's on a main street with shops (not souvenir shops) and it's situated in a working class neighborhood. Hard-working people are the backbone of this country and they don't need to be insulted by closed-minded people who think they are better than most.

Room Tip: To get great service from the housekeep, tip them.
3 Thank WhensMyNextVaca