“Long time Lemon Tree customer....”

Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We've been staying at the Lemon Tree since March 2006 and I believe we have now had every type of room available. In July 2013 Lemon Tree was sold to new owners and we were a little concerned about any changes we might encounter.
We booked what they billed a "junior suite", a room type we have stayed in more times than I can count. This time around it was my entire family of 5 and we needed beds for 5 people. I emailed LT 2 weeks before our trip requesting a specific room of the junior suite type, one with 2 beds in the living room but didn't hear back from them until 2 days before our trip. I guess that 1 room was already occupied. When we arrived I asked for a rollaway bed so that none of us would have to sleep on the floor plus linens for the fold out couch. The front desk was a little busy so I was told they would bring these items to our room while we left for Disneyland. Ok, no big deal, don't need it now when I am heading out the door after check-in. We arrived back at the hotel with 3 exhausted children (1 of which is a toddler) after 11pm. No rollaway bed, no linens for couch. I called the front desk and was told he would bring one after he finished checking late guests in. Once we had the bed situation figured out, we hit the hay. The LT beds used to be sooooo comfy, not too soft just perfect. Now they are very hard. We all slept like the dead though so they couldn't have been too bad. Breakfast was sad-a few mini muffins, some bread, a few red apples, a few clementine oranges, corn flakes, Cheerios mixed with Fruit Loops, milk, Sunny D and coffee. Our first morning we grabbed some cereal and Sunny D for the kids, second day we just skipped it all together. Last day we checked out about 1030am and used the pool and hot tub for about 90 minutes, it was lovely! Received pool towels from front desk, temperatures were great, area was empty and clean. We were even able to change into dry clothes in the very large restroom inside of their gym.
Overall we found the Lemon Tree very agreeable to our needs. I would have rated this a 3.5 if I could have. It was very clean (as usual!) and customer service was good. The only glitch was not having a bed for the toddler after 11pm but it was remedied quickly. Will we stay here again? Yes. The junior suite is perfect for us and the location is AMAZING.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank potterphreak
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had an extended stay and really appreciated the clean, newly upgraded room, comfortable bed, the kitchenette, the friendly staff, and access to a barbecue.
Best value in the area in my opinion.

The only downside was that during the time we were there, there was lots of work being done on the property (understandable) and service to the room seemed sporadic. Sometimes in morning or after 7 pm. Pool area was nice. Fitness equipment and jacuzzi didn't seem to be functioning but I enjoyed having a coy pond outside my room.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Passionbiztravel
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I rented this room and I was given room 102 that looked plain and boring not as eloquent as the photos they advertise. I asked to see another room and was told they were pretty booked and it was first come first serve to get your room choice, when I asked about the photos on their website he said that was the room and I told him it does not look the same not even close. I was offered to see another room on 2nd floor room 213 it was a lil bit better but I figured it was closer to what I expected and then when I went to go to sleep at night the mattress was so thin you felt the box springs and I was very angry. I seen other rooms available and vacant and they would not offer me those, that night I seen some woman chasing some guys around the parking lot screaming obscenities at then some guys were running from something around the grounds either they stole something or they did not belong there. The next morning I heard the front desk person talking to someone about calling the police and someone would not remove their vehicle from the parking lot...To me that was too much drama for a supposed nice hotel but the area did not seem so friendly to me. I was very dissapointed in the advertising of this location and the bed and old blinds that I felt I could of stayed at the Hilton for a little more and had a good nights rest on a comfortable bed. I would never stay here again and I would not recommend it to be honest. Oh I almost forgot the continental breakfast was a joke, I have stayed at cheaper hotels and got way more. They offer bread and cereal and some type of watered down juice I did not know if it was orange or some store brand for it had no taste or flavor oh and a banana is available too but nothing else was there so i left starving to go find a fast food place to eat. To me this place was the pitts!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RubenV76
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We would like to thank you for leave a comment to us.
We value all the comments and feedback from which we could see the areas improvement is needed. If you can, please email service@lemontreehotelsuite.com and leave us your booking information, our management team will investigate this issue and respond you with proper solution. We do take your feedback seriously and will take adequate measures to remedy them in the future. Our entire team is happy to and willing to solve every concern our guests have, for a more comfortable staying experience with us!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I found the room on the internet and went to hotel to see room. The front desk person told me there were no rooms like the one I wanted to view but the next day she had 11 rooms available. I put my request and credit card in for a downstairs quiet room with the renovations done. Upon my arrival the next day at 5:30, room wasn't ready at 3 like promised, I was informed that there was only one room left downstairs and it was the first room next to lobby with lots of people traffic. I was showed 5 rooms. Only one had everything as described on internet. It was very dirty and old. It was now 6:30 pm and I just needed a room. The desk person promised me a different room that would be on the first floor, updated and quiet for the following day so I decided to stay. I was intending on staying a month and needed space. This room was 550 sq ft with a full kitchen. I had a special rate from internet and the hotel honored it. What I didn't know was they only honored it for the first week! I was never moved, room after 1 week doubled in price, renovations were going on in the room next to mine (banging and awful noisy), Room never got cleaned and the breakfast was terrible (muffin, 2 cereals or 2 fruits), Fridge made awful noise and was never looked at by maintenance, my bed was hard as a rock! The positives were big room with kitchen if you like old and dirty.

Room Tip: do not stay near the pool as it was noisy and people swam after pool hours.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank boneytd

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. In order to provide better accommodation to our valued guests in the future, the management team decides to conduct the renovation in the daytime. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by it, and we noticed your comment and are trying to to better communication with the construction team. If you can, please contact service@lemontreehotelsuite.com and leave us your booking information, our management will investigate this issue and respond you with proper solution. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the most comfortable and clean room for our guests. Thank you again for your comment.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I loved the room. For the money, I found it clean and quaint... What I did find appalling was the over flowing trash dumpsters to the point of ridiculous. There's no way that much garbage accumulates in a single week. So there's got to be an issue with collecting it by local waste management. It was hard to look at. Additionally the hotel looked very dilapidated in many areas and looks run down. My check in experience wasn't the best either. I found the female clerk to be brash and a somewhat arrogant. She was training a new hire and seemed short tempered. Also made a snide comment about the street name I lived on which was inappropriate. All-in-all I would probably return if not just for the nice room I had. Nothing else stood out about this business.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Needing a spot for one night that was close to the Honda Center, we found this hotel fit out needs. The room was clean; beds were good; A/C worked; the kitchenette and bath facilities were functional. In the morning, a light continental breakfast was served in a pleasant room off of the main reception area. The hotel has a swimming pool, gym facilities and a laundry room, but we did not use any of these services during our brief staff. Shopping facilities are within walking distance and include major chain groceries as well as small restaurants and a 99 cent store. This hotel is located in an older neighborhood and is of the same vintage as the rest of the area. Relative to other venues in the same price range, this is a good deal. We would return, should the occasion arise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I found the Lemon Tree Hotel while visiting for a Disneyland trip. It was close to the resort, but felt like we were away from all the congestion of other tourists. And though it was exciting finding this Mexican "secret garden" it also felt like home. We even saved money fixing some meals using the complementary stove/microwave and fridge (shopping at a local supermarket nearby).

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the water fountain pool and hot tub looked inviting (but we didn't get a chance to jump in) and there was even a pond with coy! It was so nice!!! I can't wait to go back for our next adventure!

Room Tip: There are "garden" rooms that are not connected to the main office. Both are nice choices...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family