I LOVE Luigi's! I have been going there since 1985 and it has come to be "home cooking" to me and my family. I am so sad to see that there are any bad reviews about Luigi's, but I'm sure any restaurant can have an "off night" or a dish that they could scrap. Having gone there for so many years, I have tried many of their amazing dishes, but definitely have a few favorites that I tend to lean towards when I am there.
1. Pizza- seriously, the best thin crust pizza I've ever had. You can't go wrong with any of their pizzas. My personal favorite toppings: salami and black olives- mmmm!
2. Insalata Alla Caprese- better than the usual Caprese because of the delicious marinated eggplant that accompanies the tomatoes, Mozzarella, basil and oil/vinegar .
2. D'Angelo- anything D'Angelo is my favorite. I usually order the Vermicelli D'Angelo with chicken, but the tortellini D'Angelo is AMAZING, so good in fact, it was the main dish served at my wedding and after almost 5 years of being married, I STILL have people tell me how yummy the food was that day. I'm sure anything would be great with the D'Angelo sauce.
3. Pollo Marconi- Mmmm mmmm mmm mm m! Just try it, you won't be disappointed you did. Forget ordering your usual Chicken Parmigiano- you can get that anywhere, but Pollo Marconi is a Luigi's classic! Breaded chicken is layered with slices of ham, Provolone cheese, eggplant, and tomatoes and then smothered in a tomato cream demiglaze sauce and baked to perfection. You will love it!
4. Cannoli- I NEVER order cannoli ANYWHERE else. Cannoli has been my favorite dessert since I was a kid BECAUSE of the Luigi's cannoli. Instead of a birthday cake for my 13th birthday, I asked for a cannoli. All my friends were confused when the ricotta cheese filled shell came with a birthday candle instead of the usual frosting cake But, my love for cannoli is monogamous for the Luigi's cannoli only. I used to try them everywhere. But over and over i was disappointed. I was even disappointed in NYC's Little Italy and have since vowed to only order cannoli when I am at Luigi's. It's pure, it's simple, and it's delicious!
5. Rum Cake- if cannoli isn't your thing, than rum cake should be! As I got a little older, I learned of the wonderfully delicious rum cake, and you should too. Yellow cake layered with a creamy ricotta filling, a chocolate ricotta filling, and then lightly soaked in rum and topped with whipped cream. Yes!
If you try any of the above, I'm sure you will be be more than happy and writing your own excellent review for Luigi's soon thereafter. Enjoy, and say hi to Luigi for me!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.