“Worth doing once”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Something you HAVE to do for your little princess. I did not go but sent my wife and little Ariel and they enjoyed it. Food wasn't great, but the princesses were perfect from what I hear. Bring an autograph book. Most of the major ones were there. They do serve adult drinks at this locale which may be fun for the adult princesses in your world. I heard they are closing / revamping the restaurant. I'm sure wherever it lands it will be a hit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed June 1, 2010

My kids were able to meet 5 princesses and have a delicious meal. We were nicely surprised by the quality of the dinner we had. It was PLENTY for the 4 of us. You take a picture with Ariel and then they will charge you if you get the pictures so do bring your own camera. Then, princesses come out one at a time during dinner. THEY come to your table which is quite nice. The kids were distracted but we did not have to wait in any line for them to meet them! You can then take pix with the princesses.

I would recommend prepaying for this meal as it is expensive... $40 per adult and $20 something for each kid. Then, you just have to purchase your drinks. It is a really memorable experience for the kids but it would be a huge chunk for us if we did not budget ahead of time for this.

Definitely do this - make reservations up to 60 days in advance too - if your kids love princesses as mine do.

Reviewed May 19, 2010

It was my kids first trip to Disneyland and my 5 yr old daughter is very shy with characters, so we decided to have breakfast at Ariel's Grotto so she could easily get a guaranteed 4 princesses autographs (we ended up with 5!).

But the cost of the food was not at all worth it! We were in the first group for breakfast and our meal was cold - it consisted of one large skillet with eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes for us all to share. The kids only nibbled on the appetizer of fruit and cheese (a couple of breads were included, but as a family of 4 we had to cut them in half so we could all sample each). Our bill was $140 with 2 mimosa's and 2 kids bevs (mimosa's were $12 each).

I expected the princesses to spend more time with my daughter, but they seemed rushed (take my photo and let me move on). I've heard Goofy's Kitchen is a better experience, less costly and with a buffet style breakfast you're sure to get what you want and enough of it.

I regret our breakfast - we should've stood in a line to get their autographs for free.

3  Thank macreece
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Great Restaurant! It's really the only sit down restaurant in the newer part of Disneyland. It's a bit pricey but if you have kids, especially little girls it's great. I'm 16, and when we went there mostly little girls there, but it's wonderful. They had 5 princesses. They introduce them about 10 minutes apart and they spend about 3 minutes at each table. Enough time for a small talk and a photo, so make sure you bring your autograph books and camera. The food was delicious, not much of a selection, but it was still good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people with young children or girls of any age. Make sure you make reservations of course, we made ours the night before and it was fine but if you're planning on visiting and you know ahead of time I suggest calling to make sure you get in.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

I'm 17 years old and I LOVE my picture taken with the princesses and getting their autograph! THIS IS THE PLACE TO DO IT! You get a little more one on one time the you would if you had waited in line. My Dad even got caught up in all the excitement and had his picture taken with Snow White!

We went over fall break, so things went quickly and we more more time wiht the character. We checked in and were ushered down a fligh of stairs and there was Ariel wating to greet us!After we met her we were seated and brought out a tray of bread, and little stuff like that. I do agree, the food was okay, I've had better food. But this is really all for meeting the Princesses. They are introduced one at a time and then they go around signing book and taking pictures.

This is a must for all princess lovers. I would have died and gone to heaven if I was 6 years old and Cinderella came up to me while I was eating! Mom's and Dad's, if you want to see you little princesses smile for the rest of the day, or even trip, this is the best treat! If you tell your server it's their birthday they'll bring the Princesses over and sing!

GET RESERVATIONS OR YOU WONT GET IN!!
Disneyland Dining Line: 714-781-3463