“Expensive, mediocre service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ariel's Grotto

Ariel's Grotto
Ranked #50 of 860 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive, mediocre service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I will start this by saying my daughter really enjoyed her breakfast and meeting the princesses. They were very friendly and spent time with each child which was wonderful.
The downside was the service. We sat and waited for our server to even greet us and take our drink order while everyone else was already receiving their meals (since everyone is seated at one time we found this very odd). When he did finally arrive, he made no apology for the wait and just said he was busy. The food was reasonably good but not $115 worth. What was very frustrating was that an 18% gratuity was included in the price, despite the fact that we did not receive good service.
It was a fun experience for the kids, but not the level of service I expect from Disney.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank heathrlee

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Military Princess Surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We wanted to surprise my daughter at Disneyland when my husband returned home from deployment. I contacted the manager at Ariel's Grotto to arrange something small. I was not wanting too much. I simply wanted him to hide my husband from my daughter... what they arranged, instead, completely blew me away. Vision2Victory took over planning for me so I wasn't too sure what to expect when we walked down the stairs. Earlier in the day my daughter had gone for a princess makeover... we arrived at Ariel's Grotto for lunch. When we walked down the stairs most of the employees had lined the wall to welcome Princess Kelly. We walked over to meet Ariel. She was gorgeous and did so well with my daughter who tends to be very shy. She talked to Kelly about her day and mentioned something along the lines of "The only thing you are missing is your prince" at that time special music played and they announced my husband. The photographer snapped beautiful pictures of her reaction. We took a family photo with Ariel and were then seated.
Our server was very friendly. The food was great. The kids got crowns and stickers to decorate it with while we waited. Each Princess stopped by the table for a quick hello and a photo. A member of management stopped by the table to make sure everything was well. And then the chef did something that completely brought me to tears... its the little things Disney does that means the most. My daughter was adopted by my husband and has a quote that hangs in her room that says "My Prince did come, I call him Daddy!" with her adoption date. They chef came out and introduced himself and made sure our meal was ok... but then he gave us a desert plate with chocolate covered strawberry's with that quote written in chocolate. It was the perfect touch to end our dining experience with Ariel's Grotto. I have not one complaint but a million praises for this restaurant and their staff. Everyone was amazing. So thank you!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank the-Vegas-Bechtels
Geelong, australia
“Excellent Gluten Free Options!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have found dining at Disneyland a breeze with my gluten and dairy allergy. Sure, I can't have everything on the menu but there has been a chef at every restaurant who has come out and talked to me to see what they can do. Here I had delicious seafood "pasta" with some of the best gluten free bread I'd ever tasted and a dairy and gluten free sorbet. Very impressed.
As for the experience itself, I had a good time. Nice view and good food. I found that the princesses weren't that interested in talking to our table because I'm 20 and was with my parents. They spent far more time talking to the children which was fair enough although I would have expected a little more attention for the price we paid. We were sitting right on the their way out so by the time they got to us I think they had other places to be. Still Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel were very nice and made us feel a part of the experience.
I would recommend to book as there were people cued to get in.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank emnorri
Calgary
“Expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you want Princess go to Fantasy Faire instead and wait the two hours. We sat down for lunch and the menu did not have prices RED FLAG 1 ... No Sharing RED FLAG 2 ... We ended up staying but in all honesty it wasn't worth the $148 USD lunch for a family of four. Granted it was 3 course dinner and gratuity included ... I have paid for better food and service for less. It's a production line, they get you in, do a song, roll in some princesses, and you are in and out within an hour... Don't tell my Husband ... but totally not worth it... Again just wait in line at Fantasy Faire to see your princesses for free

Visited July 2014
1 Thank chillychick
Salem, OR
“A Lunch and Dinner Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

First; dinner, A World of Color reserved “seating”

We did dinner at Ariel’s Grotto to get special seats for World of Color. It is a rip off. First off there are no seats, you have to stand. Secondly they place you in tiers which is fine, but then they put you up close. For World of Color you don’t want to be close. You want to be on a mid to high tier in the front. Dinner was nice, but not what they sold it to me as.

As for the food, the food was good, but very high priced. There is not much of a selection. For dinner there are no characters so what you see is what you get. I would not go back for dinner.

Second; lunch, a character meal.

My family did all five character meals (two premium and three regular). Ariel’s Grotto is a premium character meal. Half of our group loved the place and the other half was not impressed. The food was great to me, but the others just thought it was okay. Ariel’s Grotto has a very small selection to choose from with some very high prices. I would do lunch again.

The characters made the meal. Do your research and pick which characters you want to see unless you plan to do all of the character meals. Plan on spending an hour to an hour and a half at each meal to meet all of the characters.

For Ariel’s Grotto we saw: