“Princess dinner with our grand daughter”
Review of Ariel's Grotto

Ariel's Grotto
Ranked #45 of 889 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food is okay. The Princess Dinner selection is a little too fancy and a little over priced. There should be more dinner selections for the adults. I also think the princesses should be able to spend a little more time with the kids for the price paid. The princesses were wonderful and so beautiful. My grand daughter enjoyed seeing them.

1  Thank ducka62

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Make dinner reservations for 7pm and you will get to see the The World of Color while eating dessert! Make reservations early as many people walked in and were turned away because they did not have reservations. You walk down the staircase and greet Ariel for pictures, and then you are taken to your table. You start the meal with a tower of appetizers, which are paleo friendly! I ordered the cioppino soup, very delicious and filling. The dessert plate had four of everything, mini cupcakes, cookies, and other treats. The princesses that came to our table were: Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle. They pose for pictures with your children and will sign autograph books. My daughter had visited the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the morning so she was all done up for the pictures. Go for dinner as there are better options and you get a front row seat to The World of Color.

2  Thank Stroller_Snob
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The restaurant is perched up on the top of the boardwalk providing great views in all directions of Disney's California Adventure Theme Park. The food is great and reasonably priced, and the drinks are strong and make the rest of your stay in the park that much more enjoyable.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went here two years ago and it was better food and service. This time, my reservation was overlooked. I knew something wasn't right when I was waiting for a really long time and the line of people just kept going in. Finally I asked a person in line, what time there reservation was for and found out that they were slated for after me. That was how I knew they were overlooking my reservation. They were good to seat me right away when I complained, however. But they rushed me when I got sat and acted like I was taking too long when I wasn't finished with my meal.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We took our girls ages 3 and 4 for dinner here...it was a magical time for all of us!

When you walk down the stairs, you stop for a meet, greet and picture with the 'real' Ariel.

Then your taken to your table and the food just keeps coming!

We were given a 3 or 4 tier appetizer platter with salad, fresh cheese, meats, lobster salad, fruit, jello with fresh fruit and possibly a few other things.

Then a warm sourdough bread ring with butter and 2 dipping sauces.

Then the entrees...my husband and I both had the tri tip steak. It was great! It had a very 'smokey' taste and a very slight tough of heat because of it. It came with potatoes, a mix of veggies and done type of tomato salsa. My kids both had the seashell pasta and liked it. They were a little distracted to eat (obviously!) but they didn't have any complaints about the food.

Then came the dessert platter! There's always room for dessert! We had 4 different flavoured cupcakes which were delish! My favourite was the choc cupcake with the minty frosting!! Yummmm. The platter also had fresh berries coming out of a seashell made from white chocolate, a chocolate molten cake that was excellent and not too sweet, and fresh cookies. We had to pack up the cookies to go, we had no room to eat anything else! They did make a great snack the next day ;)

A bit of a summary of how the evening goes...in total we were there a bit over an hour. Every few minutes a 'royal announcement' is made introducing the next princess who is coming out. We met Ariel (on arrival) Belle, Aurora, Cinderella and Snow White. They go to each table, sign autograph books, chat with the kids, take a photo, then move along to the next table. It's very efficient!

Overall, a great experience for little princesses! Even though its pricey, we will do it again next time we're in Disney.

2  Thank ChristinaK2011