“Not the greatest”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Join Chef Goofy and some other favorite Disney Characters at this whimsical buffet-service restaurant where everyone's a kid! Dine on a wide selection of delicious dishes and laugh it up during your meal.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed this past weekend at the Disneyland resort as we were there for the Tinkerbell Run. Since we weren't doing the parks, we decided to do Goofy's Kitchen so that our kiddos would still get a little Disney out of this trip. First, the queuing area for this restaurant is small and crowded. It's tucked away in the corner of the hotel and, sure there's the whole hotel lobby but if you want to hear your name being called above the din of screaming/crying/hungry children and general noise of people talking as they pass through the hotel, you gotta squeeze in there and suck it up. The service and the character meet and greets are on par with other Disney dining experiences. The food, however, left MUCH to be desired. We attended brunch so there was a mismatch of food to choose from.....salads, pizza, eggs, omelets, eggs Benedict, oatmeal, peanut butter and jelly, and the like. Lots to choose from, but it wasn't that good. The spiral sliced ham, for example, was sweet, like gross sweet. I had one bite and couldn't finish it. The macaroni and cheese was so runny the cheese sauce covered the entire plate and made my daughters pizza so soggy she didn't want to eat it. The only thing that I ate in it's entirety was the salad and it was far from being a "good" salad. There weren't many salad toppings available and the salad bar was dirty....but I was hungry and had just paid $40.00 for my meal. In comparison, the PCH Surfs up breakfast that we had done the previous visit was soooooooo much better. The food at PCH was delicious, the character meet and greets were fun, and they had "dance parties" every few minutes where the kids got up and danced around with them. We've been to almost all of the character dining experiences at Disneyland and Disney World....Goofys Kitchen easily ranks as the worst in my book. The food may be better at dinner, but the brunch was gross. I won't be spending that much money on a meal there again....especially when the much better PCH is just up the street.

2  Thank gretchiekc
There are newer reviews for Goofy's Kitchen

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good buffet style meal. Good service, but the characters defiantly make the night worth while. They all make a effort to come around and get photos with all the children big and little.

2  Thank Lyndz82
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I took part in 3 character meals while in Disney Land. Goofy's Kitchen was by far the best one. There was a LARGE buffet with a variety of food. Simple foods for kids, and other options for adults as well. There was honestly a bit of everything for all ages. The food was delicious and the service as well was great. I would definitely recommend Goofy;s kitchen before some of he others. IE: Ariels Grotto.

2  Thank tdugg
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband, our two children and I have had the great pleasure of dining at Goofy's Kitchen five times for breakfast/brunch and look forward to our sixth time! First, the characters are so kind, funny and willing to pose for all the pictures you wish as well as sign all the autographs that your children wish. The characters just keep coming through the dining area one after another. We have pictures with Snow White, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Gepetto, Sleeping Beauty, etc…The characters make a point to stop at each and every table, and they stay for the perfect amount of time talking with you (if they are a character who talks), allowing you to take pictures and signing autographs. They make your children feel so special….and, us adults, too. It's all such a joyful and memorable experience, one you really can't put a price tag on.

The buffet is enormous, with everything from peanut butter and jelly pizza, an array of pastries and desserts, a self serve ice cream sundae making station all the way to smoked salmon, build your own omelets, roasted potatoes and eggs Benedict. I've listed just a sampling! The choices are many! My kids love the Mickey shaped pancakes and waffles and all the desserts, my husband loves having one of the cooks prepare in front of him eggs made to order, usually over easy with lots of roasted potaotes on the side, and I love the eggs Benedict and caramel and banana crepes. All of the food has met our expectations every time. Be well aware that eating at Goofy's Kitchen is the only meal you'll need all day because you will be stuffed when you finish eating there. We grab a very, very lite dinner on the day we have brunch at Goofy's Kitchen.

Goofy's Kitchen has created such joyous and memorable times for me and my family over the years. Even though my kids are getting older now they still want to eat at Goofy's Kitchen. I look forward to our next visit to this truly unique, fun and delicious restaurant.

2  Thank dewdrop490
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went for dinner last night. The food options were vast which was wonderful, especially with food allergies. The characters came up to each table and gave us kisses and cuddles, this gave us plenty of opportunities to take photos; much better than lining up for hours in the park!
We had paid for dinner through our Disneyland hotel package which included dinner, tax and gratuity but not alcohol. My partner ordered a cocktail and had to pay gratuity again, I think that's a little ridiculous.
At the end of our meal we wanted coffee but there was no waitress in sight. The man clearing tables asked us if we wanted coffee, I assume because he could see us looking for a waitress for so long. I don't believe waitresses deserve tips if they are no where to be found.

1  Thank Esmeralda P