“Missed seeing more characters”
Review of Goofy's Kitchen

Goofy's Kitchen
Ranked #34 of 928 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Join Chef Goofy and some other favorite Disney Characters at this whimsical buffet-service restaurant where everyone's a kid! Dine on a wide selection of delicious dishes and laugh it up during your meal.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Perhaps it was because we were there right at opening, it appeared there were not as many characters as when I had visited in the past. Still wonderful, but wish there were more interaction and larger variety. We did see the Mad Hatter however

Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

we are told that there's a 30 minute wait, this is a buffet so we pay upfront then we wait to be seated......30 minutes later we check the status, they'll call us soon they said. ...15 min later we check the status again. They said we are on the list but they cant say how much longer its going to be because today was really busy. After an hour and seeing so many people go in before us, party of 5, party of 12, and about seven parties of 3, etc., I became inpatient. I asked if it was typical for there to be double the wait of the time given. They only gave me excuses/ reasons! The manager didn't even try to bring us in sooner to accommodate us for the wait. Well, we ended up leaving because i didn't know how much longer it was going to be and i had to feed my daughter, but since we had already paid and I really want this experience for my daughter we are going to try again tomorrow with a reservation. I will update my post tomorrow when I get the whole experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

When we arrived at Disneyland it was dinnertime and we were hungery and did not check out any other options. We did not have a long wait. The staff was very nice and the buffet selection was outstanding. The food was pretty good. If you have children then this is the place to go, but remember you are going to pay a little more for your meal because of the Disney characters.

1  Thank outoftowners2
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Customer service was amazing!! Atmosphere was amazing!!! Location was amazing!!!! Rooms were even better!! Clean, updated, modern, comfortable,ect!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a 7:00 am reservation...so there was no wait for our table. We sat in a slightly too dark corner not far from the buffet. The waiter was pleasant and brought drinks promptly. The buffet has a lot of choices and is good for people who do not like breakfast food as there are a lot of lunch options among all the breakfast choices. My 5 year old son liked the Mickey pancakes and the huge strawberries too.

As for the characters, Goofy and Pluto were hanging out at the entrance when we came in, so they gave our son autographs and took a picture. He was disappointed to not see more characters around while we ate. He and his dad went to the bathroom a one point and of course that is when the only other character we saw showed up. It was Dale. So, when he came back we went to the other room where he was visiting the three other tables sitting there. But instead of greeting us after the other tables, Dale shooed us back to our table, which I found odd. I said to him, we missed you because my son had to go to restroom and still he shooed us and walked on to the next table getting seated. Given how uncrowned it was, it did not seem much to have our meet and greet right then. Given how much it costs to eat with the characters I thought this was too much to get pushed aside my one of them. He did come to our table after and of course I held my feelings and took a picture with him and my son. But again he was onky the third but was the final character that we saw....

So, while I know this Character Breakfast is supposed to be a must do; however, I did not feel it was worth it as you can see at least three characters at the park without the extra cost.