“Horrific Experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Join Chef Goofy and some other favorite Disney Characters at this whimsical buffet-service restaurant where everyone's a kid! Dine on a wide selection of delicious dishes and laugh it up during your meal.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Food was terrible.

Character manager was so ignorant that I actually cursed him out.

Sat at a uneven table for 2 hours, got to meet 2 characters and had an absolutely awful time.

My complaints to the general manager were met with very little enthusiasm.

all in all, spent $200 for god awful food and had an awful experience that the wait staff apologized over and over for. It wasn't their fault.

Poorly managed and terrible food.

Worst Character dining experience we ever had at any Disney, Sesame Street, Universal or Seaworld park.

My children were so upset I felt as though their feelings were totally not considered.

I would never go there for any reason.

2  Thank JimWPPA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We debated over whether or not to do a character meal and then over which to choose. We finally decided on Goofy's Kitchen and I am so glad that we did. The food options were awesome, food was really good. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. The staff was extremely friendly and we met a ton of characters! I can count 9 off the top of my head. My 4 year old had an amazing time and it was an experience that she will never forget! We actually had so much fun that we booked a second character dining at Ariels for the next day but it did not compare to Goofy's.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm not a big fan of buffets- I can never eat equal to what I paid but this dinner was worth every penny just for the reaction our daughter had to each new character who came to our table. Each one spent time with her, answered all of her questions, posed for a picture and signed her autograph book. Granted, there were only 6 characters- Goofy, Minnie, Princess Aurora, Aladdin, Pluto & Dale but we were happy we did this on our first night/non park day. It really set the tone for the trip. Only down side: our walk-in Goofy pics weren't that great.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

They really don't disappoint with the character visits ... our daughter met Jasmine, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Snow White, Rafiki, and a few more ... the check-in and seating and photos are all right on schedule, and the wait staff is friendly and prompt. The food is really good but our daughter was so distracted by the character visits that she didn't eat much! Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

It was a typical buffet. Kids were excited to see the characters but I was shocked that they charged adult price for my 10 year old daughter who eats like a bird. Very expensive. About $130 for a family of four with an 8 year old and 10 year old. Food is nothing special. Picture with Goofy was another $30 +. Honestly I wasn't impressed. We have done character breakfasts in The Paradise Pier Hotel and also The California Grande and I found both of those Character Breakfasts to be better set up and more fun for the children. They still cost the same price but I am being honest when I say they were more impressive. Kids favourite was breakfast with Mickey and Friends at Paradise Pier.