“Expected More”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 900 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sportstown
Description: New location of the legendary Anaheim landmark specializing in fresh seafood, 28 day aged steaks, select tableside preparations, and a lounge designed to be the new home for Angels, Ducks, and concert fans serving 20 craft beers on tap and several gourmet, staff created burgers.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I chose this place online for visiting foreign friends because it was away from the Disney hype and the menu looked good. The noise level outside due to the music speakers was intolerable. We asked the waitress if the volume could be reduced. She tried, but each time we asked and it was reduced, within five minutes it went back up. I spoke to the management and even they could not control it. We could hardly hear ourselves speak over the noise. Next, I asked the very pretty and friendly waitress about a scallop dish I wanted to order. She assured me the sauce on the menu could be changed to a simple beurre blanc. It was delivered with a distasteful remoulade. In deference to our guests I did not want to send back, but it was sweet and disgusting. Very disappointing. Our friends thought the food was good, however, so perhaps a bit more flexibility in the menu would have helped.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went back on a Sunday evening around 6:30. No reservations and none required; the place was almost empty. We ordered drinks and my wife ordered the prix fixe meal consisting of a coconut shrimp appetizer, mahi mahi, and the Boston cream souffle dessert, same as last time. I ordered the barramundi which is one of my favorites.

The appetizer has five shrimp on a salad base and was plenty for the two of us. The shrimp were a bit overdone but still tasty. The mahi mahi was done in a beer baatter while the barramundi had a macadamia nut coating and was served on mashed potatoes and vegetables. Both were generous portions which seems to be the theme at this restaurant. The dessert was full of rich chocolate and the sous chef offered to bring us more.

Service was polite, attentive, and professional.

So our second visit was pretty much like the first. Good service, good food, no crowds, and somewhat expensive.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I made a last minute decision to try this place, so we booked on Open Table for 6:30 on Saturday. Arrived after Angels game had started and before evening crowd so the place was almost empty. Seated at a very nice booth in the back corner. A few parties had arrived by the time we left at 8:00 but the restaurant was still very quiet.

Our server was Brianna and she was very personable, attentive, and knowledgeable. We both ordered the three-course special (which is not on the online menu) that included an appetizer, main course, and dessert. Note that the Entertainment card cannot be applied to the three-course special.

She had the coconut shrimp that consisted of five skewers on an Asian salad bed. I have the roasted artichoke which was served with Parmesan cheese and a garlic mayonnaise sauce. The half artichoke was not a lot of food but was good; her shrimp was a much better choice.

Mains were mahi-mahi for her and the filet and scampi for me. The fish was cooked perfectly. The filet was very small, maybe 2-3 ounces, and was complemented by three scampi. Undistinguised mashed potatoes and vegetables completed the dish.

Desserts were excellent. She had the Boston cream souffle that came with a small boat of dark chocolate and a scoop of Bing cherry ice cream. So rich she couldn't finish and a shame to leave some behind. My creme brulee was creamy with just the right amount of "brulee" and a handful of berries on top.

They serve wines by the glass and by the bottle. The wine list is divided into business class and coach class. We had a Sculpin IPA and a martini and didn't try any of the wines.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We enjoyed our visit to The Catch, although it did take approximately 1 hour for our food to come out. Food was plated marvelously and flavors were incredible. My wife got the Shrimp Christopher (stuffed shrimp) and was not disappointed. I got the beer-battered cod and was also very pleased. No "fishy" taste -- very fresh. We also split a "wedgie" salad. As previous reviewers have said, it is pricey ($70 with tip for two entrees and a split salad (we drank water)), but since we were on vacation, we decided to splurge. There was an Angels game going on during our visit (we had to pay $6 for valet parking). Depending on the entree, you could easily split a meal, as portions are generous. We would eat here again.

1  Thank TravelinManDan
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Once we got our meal, it was tasty! However, the wait was awful. There were at least 10 cooks, the kitchen is open to public view, and only a few people to wait tables. Now we were there in mid afternoon and the place was not busy. We each had half a sandwich and a bowl of soup, and the bill was what I would consider reasonable for a steak dinner. I would not venture here again unless I just had money to give away.

1  Thank dcsteve56