“Consider Sharing”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: The Colony
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Our party of six stopped right at 6:00 on our way to Disney. We were the second table seated but the place was totally full in a short time. And we know why. It was very difficult to choose from the inviting menu but we finally selected. Being early was a disadvantage because we could not see how large the portions are. I’ve had a lot of breakfasts in 70+ years but this had to be one of the best – and one of the largest. I very seldom do not clean my plate but I had to give up before mine was empty (we all did). And that really hurt because it was so good. In hindsight we should have ordered about four different meals for the six of us and shared.

1  Thank Philip W
Write a reviewReviews (272)

Reviewed June 30, 2016

We waited outside for 40 minutes but we had heard all the rumours about how good this place was, and why would so many people be waiting.
My eyes where blown once we got in, the size of the serves WOW.
The Taste was amazing fresh strawberries, the best bacon,
Do not miss this place well worth the wait.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank koutras
Reviewed June 13, 2016

We were hungry for an old-fashioned breakfast, & wanted to eat in a locally owned place, not a chain. Asked a couple of residents in the area what they'd recommend: this was the place.

To say the restaurant is dated & small would be an understatement. It looks like not much has changed, decor wise, since it was opened in 1958. And, I don't think that is a bad thing. It had a nice charm, & was the kind of place where you'd want to go every Saturday for a really good breakfast you don't have to cook for yourself.

The pancakes are HUGE & so are the portions. My 3 egg omelette had to be closer to 5 eggs. Turns out they crack the eggs into a big container & beat them together a couple dozen at a time... then they estimate when they make each order. You won't be disappointed.

The server was great & helpful - our wait time was about 30 minutes, about what I would expect from a good local (& small) breakfast place.

If we go back to Anaheim, I'd definitely eat here again!

2  Thank scoeyd
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

We used TripAdvisor for a quick search and decided on the OPH before walking around Disneyland. The old building was charming and the service was impeccable. The food was average, nothing to write home about. The fresh strawberry crepe, side of hash brown, blueberry pancakes, Belgian waffle, and sausage omelette were enough to fuel us up but we had high expectations coming in seeing the wait was long. Maximum capacity is 97 and we counted possibly seats for 65-75, hence our 20 minutes wait. Overall, I would recommend it if you want to try for the first time and see the charms of the place.

1  Thank TTH888
Reviewed May 22, 2016

When visiting the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH, and you have a car >>> Drive EAST a few minutes EAST to old town Anaheim and have the BEST BREAKFAST you will have on your trip!!

How many non-chain breakfast spots open @ 6:00AM? They do!!

Best PANCAKES this side of DU-PARS and their SPANISH OMELETTE was more like a delicious souffle .. ..

I'm sorry it's been about 5 years since coming here last and it won't be long until I return!!

Date of visit: May 2016