“close to the parks as an option to eat offsite” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tony Roma's Ribs, Seafood, & Steaks
Ranked #59 of 858 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Surrey, Canada
“close to the parks as an option to eat offsite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We walked past this location twice daily on our way to and from the park. We finally decided to get ribs one night and made the stop on the way into Downtown Disney. The location is prime so could charge more than it does, so that is nice. The wait staff were attentive and the meal was reasonably priced. Would I go back again, likely I would but I would be tempted to explore other options in the area such as the Gardenwalk restaurants or others within the area.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
San Clemente, California
“Good food for a fair price (being so close to a major theme park)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was kind of unsure if I wanted to eat here given the mixed reviews and that I was on a diet. I previewed their menu with the nutritional info and just for some of the sauces alone...it was almost half of my calorie allotment.

However, after spending most of the day at the park and the restaurant being right next to the hotel, we decided to give it a chance and I am glad we did.

I thought the restaurant itself was clean, my 5 year old even commented on how beautiful the bathroom was.

My dad order the two filets with a half rack of ribs and said it was extremely good.

DH also had the ribs. The only issue was that he found a small hair baked into them. When we brought it to the waiters attention he was extremely apologetic and replaced them right away.

I had the chicken ceasar salads which was HUGE. I think it could have honestly fed a family. The salad was good and you could see the romaine lettuce was crisp and fresh ' the chicken was tender and juicy.

The kids had the spaghetti which they enjoyed.

The server was fantastic.

We plan on returning the next time we are back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hillsboro, OR
“A bit worn but good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Came here after the first all-day attack on Disneyland Park. The grandkids were pooped, the parents frazzled, and appetites warped by energy bars and snacks. So the tasty dishes, broad menu, and caring server (who immediately brought coloring books and crayons to the younger diners) were very much appreciated. The place did look a bit 'tired' and clunky, this is not a Fine Dining experience, but it did the trick for typical more-than-I'd-pay-at-home prices.

Visited March 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Tiniest ribs, Flavorless food, condescending service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our home state no longer has Tony Roma's so my husband was delighted to find this close to our hotel. What a disappointment! For a restaurant called "A Place for Ribs," it served the tiniest ribs we had ever seen. Our server was pushy, condescending, and inflexible, so much that we ended up with an extra order we didn't want and had to pay for. The soup, salad, and burger had no flavor. Out of everything our family ordered, only the fries were good. Don't get tricked into thinking you will get better food or prices here than inside the parks; there are much better options there.

Visited March 2014
NSW
“AMAZING”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is my 3rd trip to Anaheim and each time I make a point of getting to Tony Romas. The food is awesome, the ribs just melt in your mouth and the side dishes are also delicious. I highly recommend it and have done to all of my clients ( I am a travel consultant) and they all come back raving about it as well. The service is also great.

Visited February 2014