“Good Food. Nice atmosphere.”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #566 of 860 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Anaheim Hlls
Stevenson, Washington, USA
“Good Food. Nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

They give consistant service and food at all there restaurants. Nice to know what you are getting when you go to a Macaroni Grill. The prices are a little high, but the food, service, and atmosphere warant the higher prices. Nice go to restaurant when you are traveling.

Visited November 2012

Tustin, California
“Not just Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We love our local Macaroni Grill! We always sit at the bar and enjoy our friendly bartender. The menu has expanded with amazing appetizers which include goat cheese stuffed cherry peppers. Yum. They offer light meals and show the calorie count along with it. I love the Salmon with broccoli and my husband loves the generous pork chop. The great Italian dishes are a given and there is a wonderful variety of all types of delicious choices to choose from. They offer a great Happy Hour and half price bottles of wine on Thursday evenings.

• Visited October 2012
La Quinta, California
“Good Italian Style Food from a restaurant chain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Romano's Macaroni Grill in Anaheim Hills provides a reasonable Italian style dinner for a moderate price. The food is good, the servings are large (almost everyone will take part of their meal home).

Several favorites include the goat cheese roasted pepper appetizer, the zucchini appetizer and the Rustica pasta. Another good choice is the "Create your own Pasta" option. Diners can choose pasta style, sauces and ingredients.

The wine selection is average, and the Honor system house wine provides for an opportunity to drink some table wine from water glasses at a $5.00 per glass serving.

Service at Macaroni Grills in general has been, in our experience, problematic. In our last meal there, the table for 4 had two setups, and no server until a hostess came around about 5 minutes after our being seated. We had to ask our server for more setups, after the meals were delivered. These service issues are easily solved, but seem to be a commonality at all the Macaroni Grills we have visited.

Overall, good food, but service issues still need to be addressed.

• Visited October 2012
Surrey
“Very good Italian food, decently priced, a bit noisy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Quality food, quality service. Opera singer came by and did a nice job serenading my wife for her birthday. Got a free birthday dessert from any item on the menu. Split the chicken parmeganga as it was huge. Hot bread kept on coming. Happy hour had decent offerings but you had to go to the bar to order and bring back to the table, which seemed odd. Prices were moderate, about $15 per entree.

• Visited September 2012
Fullerton, California
“Nice Service, Poor Quality Meat.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I grew up working in the restaurant business and I learned the tricks to cut costs back in the kitchen and still keep the menu items selling that a few restaurants use when they are starting to fail. Unfortunately, This Macaroni Grill is going downhill in the quality of the meat and the food preparation and presentation. I have dined here dozens of times over the years and have seen the food quality take a slow steady dive while the prices stay high. This last visit was my final visit. I had the pan roasted Pork Chop. The animal must have died of old age or a heart attack because the pork was dry, gristly and overcooked. I sent it back as inedible and I recieved a new one that was just as bad. My wife had the Salmon dish and it was overcooked to a jerky consistency and swimming in some kind of oil. It was not Olive oil. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived at 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon. The cooks at this restaurant during Sunday Brunch time were not very good at all. The mushroom risotto that came with my pork chop was pasty and overcooked resembling a day old porridge. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants and I eat out often. Now it is off my list.

• Visited September 2012