“Come for restaurant week”
Review of Anaheim White House - CLOSED

Anaheim White House
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ball Rd./Anaheim Blvd.
Description: A truly remarkable experience, Anaheim White House Restaurant is a world-renowned Italian steakhouse & seafood restaurant in a 1909 landmark home! Located in the heart of Orange Country, this notable establishment is just minutes from hotels, the convention center, and all that Anaheim has to offer. Unwind with one of our savory entrees, like the juicy all-natural and hormone-free Prime Rib, seasoned with onions, garlic, and fresh herbs. Our guests say it's OC's best prime rib! Or enjoy one of our phenomenal pasta dishes, including specialties like the Lobster Ravioli. And of course, don't forget to try one of our rich desserts! With lunch, dinner, and champagne brunch menus to choose from, we are a fantastic destination for dates and celebrations throughout the week. With twelve private dining rooms, our staff invites you to join us for your next dinner meeting or private party. For special events like a romantic wedding, the entire Anaheim White House property can be reserved to accommodate over 200 guests. Whatever your reason for joining us, you can rest assured that our staff will offer nothing less than exemplary service and a memorable experience. From our landmark location to our award-winning menu, you'll soon find out why Anaheim White House Restaurant proudly serves as Anaheim's most famous hidden treasure!
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I came here with the girls for the last Friday lunch of OC Restaurant Week. My first OCRW lunch at another restaurant was disappointing, so I was hoping Anaheim White House (AWH) would make up for that.

Well, the food definitely was better than the other OCRW restaurant. The portions were a bit smaller as expected, but for $15 we got raviolis or salad to start, for our main course I got the sand dabs, while one girlfriend got the chicken, which was a generous breast of chicken. Dessert was chocolate dome cake or fresh berries.

I wasn't sure if it deserved 3 stars because we arrived at 11:30, and didn't leave until 1:00. However, this is a more upscale restaurant, and not fast food. The food came out very well presented, in the order they were supposed to come out, and the staff was somewhat attentive. Even the chef came out to greet us.

Therefore I can give it 4 stars (or maybe 3.5 stars??) for my OCRW lunch experience

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was invited here for a business dinner at the end of February. In total we were a group of around 12 and got seated in one of the two tiny rooms next to the entrance. As others have written, it smelled damp once inside the restaurant, like a basement.Let me say right away, that I would have been embarrassed to bring a group of customers here, would I have been the host.
We were seated in this tiny room, there was about 5 inches behind the chair to the wall, which made it very cramped especially when the waiters came around. Our main waiter was a younger guy with a "wanna-be" attitude, very bad wine suggestions ("if you don't want to spend a cr** load of money, take this one...". About the wine: It not only tasted awful, it was way too warm for a white wine and there was no wine cooler at the table either. PLEASE, LESS of the annoying "attach cork to bottle after opening for no reason" and more of really good wine suggestions. Embarrassing.
The appetizers were OK, nothing to write home about at all. The ravioli were not warm, didn't seem home-made to me. The appetizer selection for our bigger group featured tacos, sushi (why here?!) and some little pork dish all on one plate. There was no harmony, no signature of the chef, more like "Oh, tacos are popular, oh sushi is popular.. let's put it all on one plate because we're an Italian restaurant".
I ordered prime rib as an entree, which was a mistake. It was extremely dry and there was hardly any au jus. The asparagus on the side was OK. AGAIN, PLEASE no more "fancy" (=outdates/ridiculous) art out of potatoe on the plate. Rather focus on QUALITY of the dish itself.
I didn't take desert any more, even though I was still hungry as I didn't finish that dreadful prime rib.The decor was hideous, right out of the mid 20th century. The chairs were covered with stains, had loose legs and it just smelled bad where we were sitting.

Overall a very unpleasant evening, especially considering the prices they charge (luckily I was invited, otherwise I would not have paid for my entree). If it's for a nice family dinner or a business dinner, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. We were at Morton's and Mastro's Ocean Club the nights before and both beat this place by miles and miles. With regards to service and food. At Mastro's in Newport Beach a good sized rib-eye which is excellent is about $55-60, while the Bison (a collague had it at the Anaheim White House) is around $65, if memory serves.

The ONE GOOD THING about it were the assistant waiters. Somebody below wrote about the Hispanic waiter. We had several older waiters that were treated quite rudely by the younger head waiter. However, they did an amazing job compared to him, were very friendly, not arrogant like him, and most important of all - ehy were knowledgeable.

3  Thank sebblum
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This beautifully appointed restaurant will remind you of travels to Italy. The food is really delicious. I had a petite fillet for lunch. It was so beautifully prepared! Perfectly cooked veggies and a mustard based sauce that I couldn't get enough of. A delicious house salad was served first in a lovely edible bowl. My meal was complete with a serving of fresh berries for dessert. I had a glass of pinot noir during lunch from the extensive wine menu. The White House is known for it's excellent pasta creations and I can say the filet was just perfect.
I am planning my next visit to the White House!

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We've decided to select a 5-star restaurant to celebrate a most rewarding week in the City of Industry, CA. Anaheim White House was certainly the best choice we could possibly make: superior service, superb food and Champaign, and the Creme Brulee for desert was equivalent to those served in the best Paris restaurants.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Visited here for a business dinner.
A nice mix of clientele - From business folk to families.

A personal greeting from the Chef at our table within a few minutes of arrival.
Well mixed cocktails, and a nice broad selection of wines.

Solid appetizers and great meat selection.

Its worth savoring the location and the interior art.