“Pricey but very good”
Review of Anaheim White House - CLOSED

Anaheim White House
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ball Rd./Anaheim Blvd.
Description: A truly remarkable experience, Anaheim White House Restaurant is a world-renowned Italian steakhouse & seafood restaurant in a 1909 landmark home! Located in the heart of Orange Country, this notable establishment is just minutes from hotels, the convention center, and all that Anaheim has to offer. Unwind with one of our savory entrees, like the juicy all-natural and hormone-free Prime Rib, seasoned with onions, garlic, and fresh herbs. Our guests say it's OC's best prime rib! Or enjoy one of our phenomenal pasta dishes, including specialties like the Lobster Ravioli. And of course, don't forget to try one of our rich desserts! With lunch, dinner, and champagne brunch menus to choose from, we are a fantastic destination for dates and celebrations throughout the week. With twelve private dining rooms, our staff invites you to join us for your next dinner meeting or private party. For special events like a romantic wedding, the entire Anaheim White House property can be reserved to accommodate over 200 guests. Whatever your reason for joining us, you can rest assured that our staff will offer nothing less than exemplary service and a memorable experience. From our landmark location to our award-winning menu, you'll soon find out why Anaheim White House Restaurant proudly serves as Anaheim's most famous hidden treasure!
San Marcos, California
“Pricey but very good”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Not what I expected interior design was interesting to say the least. The service was excellent and the food was very good. Menu had a lot of interesting choices and some I had interest but had no interest in paying $85 for a Wagyu steak or $65 for Bison. Good for a one time visit but place isn't as great as they want you to believe it is.

• Visited February 2014

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Bit of an odd night.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

A business meal for seven, we arrived thankfully just before our guests. Having made our presence known it suggested that we take a drink at the bar outside whilst we waited. We waited at the bar until it was obvious no one was coming to serve, we had to go back in and remind them, just in time as our guests arrived when the bar man did. We made our way in and their was an unpleasant aroma that was commented on by the group in the reception area. Upstairs this was not an issue and actually it had disappeared once we came back down for a taxi later. Ok, the food was very good, our table selected, sea bass and steak in the main and the wine we chose was of quality. I have been to the White House a few times now and it seemed a little out of sorts this visit. I would still go again as the food was good and the food servers were attentive and pleasant.

Helsinki
“Cold steak in Liberace-style house”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Arriving upon this white villa with its tacky light decor made me a tad suspicious. Inside, the faux-frescos and overly folded napkin made me even more uncomfortable. The feelings were washed away by the fabulous first course of crab ravioli. It was just great, rich in flavor . The amarone we ordered was a good selection for the evening. To my utter disappointment, and my colleagues as well, the steaks were a fiasco. My colleagues steak was like rubber. Mine was cold, so I sent it back. Received a new stake on a hot plate, but stake temp was still not in order. Luckily the waiter arranged compensation for me. The waiter was excellent and very friendly.

Just a hint to the restaurant: the flatbread ornaments that are served with each main course are hideous, makes the food more difficult to eat when you have a large flatbread sitting next to the food (nobody eats it, right). Also it seems like a gimmicky novelty for a restaurant in serious need of putting their efforts into the quality of the food.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We went here for my husband's birthday yesterday for the first time in about a year. Wow have things changed! The great servers are no longer there and have been replaced by people who really don't know how to provide service. We were the first there for lunch when they opened but had to wait around for someone to seat us. Then we noticed the tablecloth was dirty...how do you do that for the first service of the day? Especially in a place that charges between $20 & $50 for entrees? I tried to order a salmon dish (there are 2 on the menu at lunch), I was told they didn't have any salmon...really? We ordered the lobster ravioli (you used to get 4, then 3)...now all you get are 2 for $12! My salad was missing a key ingredient & I asked the waitress if she could get it from chef. She took forever to come back from the kitchen to show me the menu & tell me it wasn't on the salad (by the way, I pointed to it on the menu item & she just shrugged & walked away). My husband loved his short ribs which are consistently good but instead of having mashed potatoes on the plate, you have to order a side for $6. Seems a little petty when you are charging $20 for just meat! He tried to get a beer with his meal but it took forever to be delivered to the table (mind you just 2 tables of people were in the restaurant at the time). Lastly, through OpenTable, we indicated this was a birthday lunch but no free dessert was offered as had been the case other times we had celebrated birthdays here. Needless to say, this will be the last time we trek down to Anaheim to this once great restaurant!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Food, Silly Service, Horrific Decor”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This restaurant looks promising with its twinkly white lights, compelling history, and philanthropic owner, but don't let that convince you that this is a chic or elegant institution. In reality, it's a cheesy, tacky facade of roman architecture forced onto a historic Orange County home.

Our server attempted to pretend Italian heritage by speaking in a very interesting Italian/French/Russian/Australian hybrid of pronunciations, then tried to cover himself when my relatives quizzed him on exactly which region he hailed from. The correct answer, sir, is "I'm a ridiculous human being for speaking this way, and I'm actually from Brea." I've been a server and know that it's horrible, but there's just no reason for having to deal with these silly theatrics when paying this much for a meal. Also, the server tried to force certain courses on us because we were a group, and seemed genuinely put upon that we wanted to order appetizers and desserts off of the regular menu instead. It was quite strange.

Inside the restaurant, there were a few issues in addition to the general classless ambiance. First, my cousin's chair had candle wax melted onto her chair in a blob of roughly 4x7 inches. Next, there was crusty dried food on the cheap dessert menus. Speaking of food, let's just move right along to the appetizers. We had calamari and it was quite good. For some reason, many dishes are served in edible containers in an effort to be creative and avant garde, but instead just come across as dated and made it challenging to consume said dishes. The entrees were tasty and well prepared. Our group had lamb, gnocchi, and seared Ahi, and the only criticism was that the Ahi was slightly too seared. We had the infamous dessert tower, which the chefs use as another excuse to present food ridiculously by wasting several pounds of spun sugar on a hideous red sculpture of a blob loosely resembling a diagram of the human circulatory system, and two other normal desserts. The shining star of the dessert menu was the banana tart. Skip the tower. You'll see plenty of them going by on their way to other victims... I mean customers.

In summary, If you crave gazing at a soccer jersey hung on a persimmon orange wall next to horrific murals of cherubs in a slaughter of roman style while dining on decent Italian food, this is the place to be.

1 Thank kn138hc