“Best memories of the 1980's”
Review of Mr. Stox - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State College Blvd.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place has been here forever. Excellent food. Very pricey. Good for very intimate melas all the way up to business events. Impress a client- bring them here!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is good for special occasions. They have crab cakes that are mostly crab, instead of an oily, breaded mass with a hint of crab. The lobster bisque is excellent. Service is very good, and I got free dessert (baked Alaska, no less!) on my birthday. They also took a photo of our party and printed it instantly and framed it in a card.

There is also a piano player in the evenings.

The valet parking is probably necessary, but I am never a fan of handing over my keys.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

So we purchased a travel zoo voucher for Mr. Stox and figured we would try it since we had never been. Now, I get it, we are on a travel zoo voucher but that's an would have to treat us bad? Our original waitress was nice but then another one took over for her and didn't say a word other than what do u want for dinner? We are pretty low key when it comes stuff but I just thought it was rude. The food was good but would've been worth the full amount. In short if the customer service was great then I would overlook everything else but since it wasn't..... I can't really say it was worth it. Hope this helps.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great time at Mr. Stox. The food was delicious, drinks were cold and made perfectly, and our wait staff was just the right amount of friendly.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary- Wish we hadn't.

One of our server- Barbara-was rude and short.

The food was mediocre and overpriced, basically charged me $16.00 for 2 onions rings.