“unusual food”
Review of Catal

Catal
Reserve with OpenTable
Catal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 866 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Cross street: Ball Rd.
Description: Catal Restaurant located in Downtown Disney Anaheim offers an American, Mediterranean-style menu with outdoor dining views of the Disneyland fireworks.
Missouri City, Missouri
“unusual food”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Nice outdoor dining downtown, no wait to get in. Food sounded unusual, but turned out to be pretty good.

Visited June 2014

Lake Mills, Iowa, United States
“Fun place”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We ate at outside at UVA bar for dinner, what a treat. Menu does have some different items to chose from. My daughter had the kids mac & cheese, she had mac & cheese several times over several days and many different Disney places. She said UVA's was her absolute favorite. I had the guacamole. I love guac, this was pretty good. I liked how chunky it was, but didn't care for the chile flavor they put in it. It also comes with a flat-bread type bread for dipping, I would have preferred chips or crunchy pieces of french bread. It was a fun place!

1 Thank Melanie H
maui
“Always a Treat”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place has two components; the restaurant and a central Downtown Disney casual bar/cafe. I can only speak of the restaurant. The food is warm and comforting with modern twists. We are warmly welcomed even when traveling with children. Thankfully it is easy to get a reservation and the seating on the railing gives nice people watching views from above. They recognized our daughter's b-day with candled desert as well. I would recommend without hesitation.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank mauichef505
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Disney Downtown”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Loved the atmosphere of the bar. Had asparagus with crumbled bacon and fried egg on top. Was very yummy. It was one of the best we ate at in Downtown Disney.

1 Thank PrincessJJYermo
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Poor Service & Defensive Manager”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a reservation and was seated in less than 10 minutes, for a Saturday night that is good. We ordered our food and it took 50 minutes to get served. The waiter would walk by our table and notice that we needed more refills on our drinks and ask if we wanted more. He then would walk by us 2 more times and I had to stop him and remind him that he asked us if we wanted refills. He said oh I'm sorry I forgot. The waiter forgot to put in one of our orders, so we didn't want to start eating without everyone having their food. Five minutes later the waiter came back with the forgotten order. The order was risotto. It was piping hot and a little undercooked. Our waiter was not available the whole time and we were so hungry we ate all the food. After we paid for the check we went to the front area to ask to speak to a manager. The manager came to us and asks us how she could help. I told her that I wanted to let her know that we didn't leave the waiter a tip because of the bad service. I mentioned that our food took longer than usual and that our waiter kept forgetting things like to put in the risotto order. The manager got really defensive and started saying that it wasn't the waiter's fault that the food took long. She asked me if I have ever had risotto and mentioned that it is usually undercooked. I was very offended by her question because I have had risotto in a lot of different laces and I cook it myself how can she assume that I don't know what something is supposed to be like. After arguing with her about things not being their fault she offered to return the money for the risotto. While the manager goes to the back to fix our check, the waiter comes by us and stands right by the hostess table and stares at us. He doesn't say one word and just keeps looking at us. The waiter standing by us made us feel very uncomfortable. The manager did apologize after she brought us the adjusted check back. It was very disappointing to get very bad service because we were celebrating my birthday and I know that if we would have had another waiter we could have had a better experience.