“Uva is great for people watching”
Review of Catal Restaurant

Catal Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 889 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Cross street: Ball Rd.
Description: Catal Restaurant located in Downtown Disney Anaheim offers an American, Mediterranean-style menu with outdoor dining views of the Disneyland fireworks.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I always enjoy the Uva bar as a place to just relax with a drink and watch the folks wandering about Downtown Disney. The service is great, the drinks good, and the food tasty.

Patina_Group, General Manager at Catal Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about Uva Bar. We all look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Downtown Disney!

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Wish I'd read other trip advisor reviews before going. One of the pricier/nicer menues in downtown Disney. We're excited for our last night in Disneyland. Our waiter Nick was awesome. However, the manager was terrible. After being served undercooked pork ribs and talking to the manager about it, he proceeded to argue it was not raw. He came back to say the ribs are boiled in a bag so cannot be undercooked! Reordered filet mignon which he "butterflied" to cook faster so we could sort of eat together. That's not how you cool a steak EVER! After another argument with the manager and recommending how he should treat customers he finally said "ok thank you" and left the table. He did continually check on our satisfaction which was NOT satisfied. At the end of our day we had a great appy, sent all meals barely touched, but he did comp our meals. When we were going to leave the fireworks at Disneyland started, we couldn't leave the view. Ended up getting coffees and enjoying the view. Don't expect much, especially with the prices, but balcony view upstairs is amazing. Waiters were great also.

Patina_Group, Director of Operations at Catal Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I truly apologize that you did not enjoy your food and would like to know if you remember the name of the manager that you spoke with. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in more detail. Please contact me directly at estenta@patinagroup.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Eric Stenta
Director of Operations

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Happened to be in the Downtown Disney area so stopped for a drink and food at Catal restaurant upstairs. Sat down at the bar which wasn't full.

After sitting there completely unnoticed for 8 minutes a gentleman walked up beside me and mentioned he was just getting 3 drinks for friends to take away from the bar. I told him Good Luck because the bartender had not left the other end of the bar nor looked our way which was now 10 minutes. Suddenly the bartender came down and immediately asked the guy what he wanted. I decided not to say anything and let him get served. After the three drinks were brought and paid for the bartended once again started to walk away.

I said to him "Do I look Invisible to you"? He replied no and I told him I had been sitting there over 10 minutes waiting for some service. He finally brought my drink and I ordered some Corn Chowder. When it arrived they make a little show of pouring your soup from a little pitcher into your bowl/plate. The bad news is that it doesn't even fill up to the rim of the plate interior. And they charge around $8.50++. Soup was good but amount was far from an ample amount.

Anyway I was less than impressed. Won't EVER be back.

Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize for the lack of hospitality and service your received on your visit to Catal. I would like the opportunity to speak with about your experience in more detail. Please contact me directly at aleung@patinagroup.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We didn't get a reservation to Catal so ate in Uva Bar instead, and we were not disappointed. The peppers and guacamole were substantial, tasty starters, and though my salad could have done with slightly less cheese ( I'd gotten the apple and walnut one), everyone else really liked their food (the burgers were especially praised). The second time we ate there was for lunch, and I found the tartar tacos I ordered very good also

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed both of your dining experiences with us at Uva Bar. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We all look forward to your next visit to Downtown Disney!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our last trip to Catal was WONDREFUL... 2 months later.... Not so much.
Seated in an upstairs "Rotunda" like area, with lots of young children... It was LOUD... Even by Disney standards. In the past we have been seated on the patio; on the other side of the restaurant ( fewer children). YES... I am at Disney, and expect children; however, when I book an upscale restaurant, I expect that the parents of the children will direct their offspring to behave; or, the staff will ask them to, descreetly. This was not just one table; but three tables of screaming kids!
Why we were seated there and not in a more "adult friendly" area, I will never know.
Will return to Uva Bar.... Probably not to Catal.
Environment aside.... Food was Good.... Service just fair.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I truly apologize for the experience that you endured on your last visit to Catal. I would like the opportunity to speak with you and rectify the matter. Please contact me directly at aleung@patinagroup.com I look forward to hearing from you.