“Nice outdoor option”
Review of Catal Restaurant

Catal Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Catal Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 928 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Cross street: Ball Rd.
Description: Catal Restaurant located in Downtown Disney Anaheim offers an American, Mediterranean-style menu with outdoor dining views of the Disneyland fireworks.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice place to dine and hang out and let the kids run around. Well priced appetizers and entrees, and nice selection of beers and wine. Overall a good experience. the Brussel sprouts were delish!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

As Annual Passholders for years at Disneyland we have tried every restaurant in Downtown Disney. Some we return to, and some we do not. Catal seems to be a hit or miss experience.

The first time we dined there it was awesome. Nice balcony seating. Great service. Delicious food.

The second time we dine there we ate indoor. The experience was similar to our first experience with good food and good service.

Third time a charm? NO! The last visit was nothing to sing about. We were seated on the balcony. Service began well... bread and water right away. The food was delicious as usual. My daughter had the hanger steak which was half the price and twice as good as my filet mignon. Although the restaurant was active but not "busy" the service was lacking. Water and soda didn't get refilled until we flagged down a server.

We waited forever to get a dessert menu. After stopping a different server to see why it was taking so long to get a dessert menu I was told the waitress "got busy." Too busy to drop off a couple of menus? Dessert was finally served and we enjoyed the fondue. It was a large portion (2 or 3 can easily share). The waitress was suddenly available to collect the bill. ha ha

Dinner for 2: no starter. hanger steak. filet mignon. 1 glass of wine. 1 diet pepsi. 1 fondue. $120. For that price I would expect better service.

In all fairness. The previous 2 visits were better.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Before going to a concert at the House of Blues, friends and I ate dinner here. I made reservations on Open Table and was pleasantly surprised when our reserved table was outside on the upstairs balcony. There was a nice view of Downtown Disney and it wasn't too noisy. The fritatas, goat cheese stuffed peppers, and olives were great appetizers choices, with the olives being the best. Everyone seemed to enjoy their entrees, ranging from the salmon, to salads, the veal, and the scallops that were on special. Everything was a bit pricier than it would have been other places, but you're in Downtown Disney, so what do you expect? For the convenience of parking once and walking from dinner to our concert was well worth the extra money for the meal.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food! A gem in Downtown Disney. A little overpriced, but worth the visit. I had the Prime rib special which was cooked excellently! However, the cheesy potatoes were a little too cheesy for me. The Fontina cheese was a little too rich for me, but it could have been the butter as well. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone as the food is excellent, but be prepared to pay a little more for it. The ambience is lovely and the service is very attentive. I will preface that by saying we ate on a very quiet night (weekday night around 6 PM) which is not typical of a weekend night.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Party of 8 on 2/18/13---out of Prime Rib, Veal, BREAD, and crisp for rice pudding. No manager visited the table or apologized, the only accommodation was not to charge for the bread pudding (which was incomplete)! As we left, I spoke briefly to the manger (who couldn't even produce a business card) telling him I was thankful I did not have clients with me. I called later and spoke with Valerie, another manager, who asked that I give the restaurant a second chance which I did on 2/22/13 with a group of 7. The prime rib was perfectly prepared, the veal was delicious, suckling pig was awesome and Michael's service, a delight! For a wonderful evening, I suggest verifying that Valerie is on duty; she was wonderful!