“Has Forgotten Its Audience ”
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #34 of 932 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This used to be a special place to take your kids for a birthday Disney celebration. The children’s menu now is baked chicken and grilled fish or “fancy” cheese macaroni. The lights are so dim you can’t see to eat. We had told them when we made the reservations and when checked in we were celebrating both grandkids birthdays. Then we had to ask the waitress if they were going to bring a cake. Then she only brought cake for one of the birthdays.

It may be a great restaurant for a romantic dinner, but it’s Disneyland. And this restaurant did not make me happy.

1  Thank LuckySpivey
Write a ReviewReviews (3,020)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m not happy to write this review. I’ve tried several times to get a reservation at the Blue Bayou and was happy to have finally gotten one on my birthday, which was also Mother’s Day. I’m not sure if it had anything to do with ‘Pirates’ being down, but the atmosphere was so incredibly “blah”. We felt slightly rushed in ordering, food came quickly and was just okay. The worst of the night was when my husband ordered a side of Mac and cheese, the server said it would have to be an adult size. When it came, it looked underwhelming and was average in taste. When we got the bill, we saw that we were charged $30!!! for Mac and Cheese!! Ridiculous!! Please tell your guest they’re being charged entree prices for side dishes. Such a disappointing birthday lunch. I had a better time at the Cove Bar in DCA. Super bummed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food. Gumbo is a must try. No alcohol served though. Try and get the Dinner and Fantasmic package as you preferred seating for the show.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I went for lunch. The Food was ok and way overpriced (unfortunately most places in Disney are overpriced): $36 for gumbo, $10 for kids meals, $16 for a shrimp appetizer with TWO pieces of shrimp.

The atmosphere was kind of neat as the setting is on a makeshift bayou but is weird completely dark (we went for lunch and it was awkward eating in the dark during the day).

I recommend eating outside of Disney for better food and better for the value.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was suggested to give a monte cristo sandwich a try from either cafe orleans or blue bayou at disney park.
glad we hunted it down (blue bayou seated indoor dining). only ordered one sandwich to split and was plenty big enough. fresh bread to table was scrumptious as well!
As we watched others around to see what they ordered, it all looked very good and would gladly try some other entrees out as well!