“I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #8 of 860 Restaurants in Anaheim
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Las Vegas, NV
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

On most our trips to Disneyland, we eat here at least once. On our last few trips however, we've noticed a decline in the food AND service, I think we just had our last trip ever to this place.

The food here is average, you are paying more because (1) you're in Disneyland and gouging you is what they do and (2) this is their attempt at an 'upscale' place to eat.

The problem is the service isn't upscale (it has been terrible on multiple trips now), the food is simply average, and like a previous reviewer said, just go ride the ride and save yourselves the money.

Our waiter on our last trip couldn't even manage an extra side salad for one of my kids (who had already ordered off the kids menu), apparently they "no longer can do that" ("I no longer can tip, either")

On top of everything, my wife and my oldest son ended up quite sick the next morning. Spare yourself the expense and head to Downtown Disney.

1 Thank DarrickDarrick

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Puyallup, WA
“Just OK!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

Very pricey. They don't post the prices at the door with the menu so it is a little shock when you sit down and the meals are $30+. The ambiance is great though. It looks as though it is outdoors in New Orleans with the Pirates of the Carribean ride sails through the darkened restaurant. We had the steak and it was just ok. Not worth the price.

Temecula, California
“Oh my...Those Potatoes....mmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2008

We've been to this restaurant before and will most definately come again, I really think it's the luck of the draw. We've had horrible service, we've had great service. This was a great service with excellent food.
On the spur of the moment on a day in Sept 2008 I called dinning and they had a open spot the same day (Wed), which was great!
I had the filet mignon, got it right the first time, with potatos, broccolli, and asparagus. Highly recommended. I also had the wedge salad that was surprising good, though it took a bit to cut it all up first.
Skip the creme brulee trio, you'll end up eating just part of it. Looks better than it really it is.
and ofcourse always pricey.

2 Thank Veroaleli
Tucson, AZ
“Ugh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2008

I'm 32 and have been visiting Disneyland since I was 6 mos old. My parents have always wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou, but growing up we never had the money for a family of 5 to eat at such a pricey restaurant when it was a treat just to go to Disneyland in the first place. Earlier this year we took a trip to Disneyland and made a reservation in advance for dinner at Blue Bayou on a Sunday evening. I asked for a table next to the water which they did give us when we arrived. There were 6 of us, my husband, myself, our 2 small girls and my parents. First off it was VERY dark in this restaurant. I'm not even sure how the wait staff makes it through the maze of tables. My mom and I had a cup of gumbo for an appetizer which was actually very good. My dad and husband had a salad. My husband ordered the Jambalaya which he barely touched due to the fact that it tasted like tomato sauce poured over white rice. I had the Prime Rib which tasted ok so I let my husband finish eating it. My mom had the salmon and my dad had the ribs. Everyone in the group was disappointed in their meals what with decades of expectation and less than spectacular taste. My girls both had the mac-n-cheese which I finished for them since my husband finished off my steak. The only thing that was tasty besides the cup of gumbo was the bread & potatoes! The wait staff was very friendly and kept our drinks filled. Although it was confusing to me as to why the party of 12 that got sat after us ate and left before we got our check??? We're planning another trip to Disneyland in April 2009 and my mom's already said we're not eating at Blue Bayou!! Too expensive for such below average food. Visit Goofy's Kitchen inside the Disneyland Hotel instead!!! Dinner's a buffet so if ya don't like whatcha got you can at least find something else!! They even have a "conga" line for the kids led by Chef Goofy dance around the restaurant at various points during dinner! Much better than a dark, dank, smelly, old restaurant that serves icky food at expensive prices!!

1 Thank Freaks4Disney
“Less then thrilled - could have been better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

First - I have always wanted to go here, so I made reservations in advance, and was excited to get to eat here. It was so much less than I had expected... but it may have been better.

They sat us near the door, not near the water (even thought there was plenty of seating - this bothered me as I made reservations so far in advance) and the sun was shining through and right on our faces - (not like being on the bayou at night, like I had expected) seriously it was right behind the entryway and then it took forever just for our waiter to come by and get our drink order (we were all ready to order lunch by then and were afraid he would never come back to take our food ooder). We contemplating leaving.

While all the food was OK, the shrimp was outstanding, I do not recommend the Monte Cristo sandwich. It is seriously greasy!

What a disappointment.