“Classic Disneyland!! Great Meal!”
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #8 of 872 Restaurants in Anaheim
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Massachusetts
“Classic Disneyland!! Great Meal!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I honestly do not understand what some of these other reviewers are talking about. My meal was excellent and you have to understand this is one of the more expensive restaurants in Disneyland, it has always been that way and always will be. If you are on a budget yes I would reconsider but it is a very unique dining experience and one that your kids will probably remember. The first time I dined here was in 1993. I had been to Disney many times since '93 but hadn't gone to the Blue Bayou again until Dec. 2013. And right now as I am writing this it is crazy to think that was twenty years ago. But I have to say that Blue Bayou has kept up with the times with their menu and has successful put a modern twist on such classic dishes as a gumbo soup and a Monte Cristo (which you MUST get if you are there for lunchtime, absolutely amazing, and it is a pretty large portion, larger than I expected, so you could actually split one). This is just a really fun restaurant to go to at Disney, it is dark so make sure to turn on your flash for pictures, but its just really cool to dine right in the same area as the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. When I first went here as a 4 year old I thought it was awesome and after this most recent visit I still agree with my younger self, haha. Also I recommend making reservations and in advance if you can, Blue Bayou fills up quick so keep that in mind!

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
calgary
“excellent food”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This restaurant is pricey but if you want a great meal with great location in the park this is it. My salmon was perfection and my husband loved the traditional jambalaya. The food was better than some of the 4star dining we've done at home, much less in the park. If you want to spend the money and have a grown up fabulous meal this is the place. My kids like their food too but it was more the standard fare.

Visited January 2014
Vancouver
“High Price Poor Food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been here in the past and were looking forward to a return visit. Probably the worst and definitely the most expensive meal we had on our Southern California trip. My husbands steak was overly salty and my jambalaya was unrecognizable as anything. It was overly spiced and looked like slop. The gumbo soup was a thick mess, almost a solid mass.

Do not waste your money here!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank eprVancouver
Sydney, Aust.
“Cannot Cook a Steak”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went through the rigmarole of waiting for a table because we thought it would be cool to sit inside the ride - and it was. I must admit I expected that at the prices being charged and what with the whole do you have a booking, no well wait out here for a while palaver the food would be at least reasonable. It wasn't.

Medium rare was interpreted as over-well done and my wife's medium seemed to be a cut of steak from a beast that had recently perished in a bushfire. These are basic culinary skills - the rest of the food was basically ok but not worth the high prices. I get we probably had them on a bad day but it is expensive and there was no sign the food would ever be better than a low to average quality at a high to very high price.

I would find somewhere else unless you really really want the "dining in the ride" experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Fairway_Smooth
Chino, California
“Blue Bayou Dining was Disney Magic!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We truly had a wonderful dining experience! I had called earlier in the day and no reservations were available so decided to try walk in. We checked in and said party of 4 and could we possibly be next to the water as the child in our party would be so excited and so would the adults as Pirates of the Caribbean is our favorite ride. Within 5 minutes the host came back and said yes and we can seat you now! We were shocked and when we saw the table was center and next to the water and probably the best table in the restaurant! Our food experience was great! Three of us chose the Surf and Turf and our little one chose the Cheesy Macaroni. The steaks were all cooked exactly how we had ordered them and our lobster along with the potatoes au gratin were so good! We all had Mint Juleps, the child's with a souvenir glow cube. We cannot say enough about how great the food was and also the great service! The atmosphere of course was so much fun! This was truly Disney magic at its best, will be a wonderful memory for our family for years to come and we are so anxious to visit again soon!

• Visited January 2014