“Cannot Cook a Steak”

Ranked #10 of 882 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went through the rigmarole of waiting for a table because we thought it would be cool to sit inside the ride - and it was. I must admit I expected that at the prices being charged and what with the whole do you have a booking, no well wait out here for a while palaver the food would be at least reasonable. It wasn't.

Medium rare was interpreted as over-well done and my wife's medium seemed to be a cut of steak from a beast that had recently perished in a bushfire. These are basic culinary skills - the rest of the food was basically ok but not worth the high prices. I get we probably had them on a bad day but it is expensive and there was no sign the food would ever be better than a low to average quality at a high to very high price.

I would find somewhere else unless you really really want the "dining in the ride" experience.

1  Thank Fairway_Smooth
There are newer reviews for Blue Bayou

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We truly had a wonderful dining experience! I had called earlier in the day and no reservations were available so decided to try walk in. We checked in and said party of 4 and could we possibly be next to the water as the child in our party would be so excited and so would the adults as Pirates of the Caribbean is our favorite ride. Within 5 minutes the host came back and said yes and we can seat you now! We were shocked and when we saw the table was center and next to the water and probably the best table in the restaurant! Our food experience was great! Three of us chose the Surf and Turf and our little one chose the Cheesy Macaroni. The steaks were all cooked exactly how we had ordered them and our lobster along with the potatoes au gratin were so good! We all had Mint Juleps, the child's with a souvenir glow cube. We cannot say enough about how great the food was and also the great service! The atmosphere of course was so much fun! This was truly Disney magic at its best, will be a wonderful memory for our family for years to come and we are so anxious to visit again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I can understand the negative reviews on here. My hubby and children have eaten here before, and the food wasn't that fantastic when we had it. BUT, when my hubby and I visit Disneyland by ourselves (we are annual pass holders), we always order the Surf & Turf, and it is always delicious. Save your money, and order that meal, and you won't be disappointed :) Disneyland is a really nice place to visit without your children LOL You can take your time, do what you want, and spend more money...at least, we do. So, if you are looking for a fun, romantic getaway, plan for it, and you'll have a blast :)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Husband and I were at Disney, and he was hungry, even though I really wasn't. Thought I would have a salad or appetizer. Got in and discovered that they only have entrees. No salads, unless you order an entree, and not cup of gumbo, unless you order an entree, which start at $30 and go up in price. Now I don't mind paying for good food, but this was not good food. Anyway, decided that I would have a mint julep, but discovered that it contained no alcohol. How in the hell do you make a mint julep with no alcohol involved? Husband offered me his gumbo when it came. I have no clue what that stuff in that cup was, but it was not gumbo. His jambalaya came and I am not sure what that was either, but it was not jambalaya. Husband had whatever they called that stuff and an iced tea and the bill was $40. Gave the waitress $60 to get some change and her idea of change was 2 $10 bills. We had to wait and flag her down to get change. To top it all off, they set us next to the kitchen and my chair got bumped into by people going in and out of the kitchen at least 6 times. What atmosphere????????????????

1  Thank Perferscamping
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Have eaten here a few times, thinking that if you are going to eat at Disney, this is as good as it gets. But I don't think I will do so again in future. The prices are high, and it is essentially the location that you are paying for. Yet a lot of the tables are in unattractive spots - the staff are helpful, and we asked to wait longer for a waterside table. We got what we asked for, but one of us had a view of the overflowing rubbish bin in the serving area and the general clutter and work going on in there. The service was good, the food nice if not spectacular, we got free refills on the mint juleps and it was fun watching people setting out on their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. But the prices are high, the wait (even when you have booked) long, the waiting area crowded and unpleasant, many of the tables in poor locations and the place has more of a feel of a family diner, not a relaxing place to eat - right down to the small restrooms being crowded with people changing diapers such that we couldn't get in to use them ourselves, and wouldn't have wanted to! Not worth the money.

1  Thank Michelle S