“Totally worth it, if you order the filet and lobster :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #8 of 860 Restaurants in Anaheim
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Caruthers, California
“Totally worth it, if you order the filet and lobster :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I can understand the negative reviews on here. My hubby and children have eaten here before, and the food wasn't that fantastic when we had it. BUT, when my hubby and I visit Disneyland by ourselves (we are annual pass holders), we always order the Surf & Turf, and it is always delicious. Save your money, and order that meal, and you won't be disappointed :) Disneyland is a really nice place to visit without your children LOL You can take your time, do what you want, and spend more money...at least, we do. So, if you are looking for a fun, romantic getaway, plan for it, and you'll have a blast :)

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Henderson, Nevada
“If you want genuine Louisiana food, don't eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Husband and I were at Disney, and he was hungry, even though I really wasn't. Thought I would have a salad or appetizer. Got in and discovered that they only have entrees. No salads, unless you order an entree, and not cup of gumbo, unless you order an entree, which start at $30 and go up in price. Now I don't mind paying for good food, but this was not good food. Anyway, decided that I would have a mint julep, but discovered that it contained no alcohol. How in the hell do you make a mint julep with no alcohol involved? Husband offered me his gumbo when it came. I have no clue what that stuff in that cup was, but it was not gumbo. His jambalaya came and I am not sure what that was either, but it was not jambalaya. Husband had whatever they called that stuff and an iced tea and the bill was $40. Gave the waitress $60 to get some change and her idea of change was 2 $10 bills. We had to wait and flag her down to get change. To top it all off, they set us next to the kitchen and my chair got bumped into by people going in and out of the kitchen at least 6 times. What atmosphere????????????????

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Perferscamping
Wellington, New Zealand
“Not really worth the high prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Have eaten here a few times, thinking that if you are going to eat at Disney, this is as good as it gets. But I don't think I will do so again in future. The prices are high, and it is essentially the location that you are paying for. Yet a lot of the tables are in unattractive spots - the staff are helpful, and we asked to wait longer for a waterside table. We got what we asked for, but one of us had a view of the overflowing rubbish bin in the serving area and the general clutter and work going on in there. The service was good, the food nice if not spectacular, we got free refills on the mint juleps and it was fun watching people setting out on their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. But the prices are high, the wait (even when you have booked) long, the waiting area crowded and unpleasant, many of the tables in poor locations and the place has more of a feel of a family diner, not a relaxing place to eat - right down to the small restrooms being crowded with people changing diapers such that we couldn't get in to use them ourselves, and wouldn't have wanted to! Not worth the money.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Michelle S
Bay Area, CA
“So those diners arent animatronic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

As a kid, I used to think the people eating were fake. Got a reservation for NYE. Its cool for nostalgia's sake. Food is average I'd say. Maybe on the lines of elephant bar so take that for what its worth.

I can't fathom going as a family. The price is more than I'd like to pay for what you get but it is balanced out by recognizing you're in disneyland.

Another off the list.

1 Thank James B
San Francisco, California
“Not worth it..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Overly priced for cheap food . I was very disappointed in the quality of the food , the portion . I felt it was pre made and heated in the microwave . Very disappointed . The restaurant itself is very nice and it's a nice place to sit and have dinner

Visited December 2013