“Where else can you eat dinner IN A THEME PARK RIDE?”
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #9 of 893 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ever since I first floated past this restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland I have longed to give it a try, but by the time I could afford it (yes, it is a bit pricey) my wife and I started our family. I can't see taking kids here - even if you are loaded and can afford it, the menu doesn't seem appealing to youngsters. If you do bring kids, ask for one of the drinks with the ice cubes that glow and change color - it will keep them hypnotized for hours. I was mesmerized. In any case, this year we finally made it to the park without kids, so it was time to check this off our Disney bucket list, and I can tell you it did not disappoint. We got reservations in advance - definitely recommended, especially during holiday weeks when the crowds get craaazy - and were seated within 5 or 10 minutes after checking in. Walking in to the restaurant, the ambience is really something special. You totally forget that you are inside a building. I kept thinking it was going to get colder, and maybe we should have brought jackets? But duh, of course not. The service was good, although our server Wendy was a bit on the familiar side with her customers (called us all "hon" - very down homey, but something that didn't sit 100% right with me). My wife had the surf & turf, and I can say at $45 it was comparable in quality to meals we have paid $75 or more for at local steakhouses in Northern CA. My strip steak was aged on rock salt and cooked to perfection. The potatoes au gratin had a good flavor and just enough crunch in their texture. I did miss having a glass of wine with a dinner as good as this, but iced tea was an OK substitute (I couldn't imagine downing that delicious lobster tail with a Coke - it would have been morally wrong). We had dessert plans outside the park, so we passed on post-meal sweets. For coolness factor alone the Blue Bayou is worth a shot - a truly unique place to eat, and unlike Club 33 next door it is accessible to mere mortals.

3  Thank Brandon W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,844)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Each year my family and I spend New Year's Eve in Disneyland CA. and eat at the Blue Bayou. The Blue Bayou is located inside Pirates of the Caribbean ride. So it has a really nice ambiance - very low lighting that reminds one of having a great candlelight meal on porch in Louisiana on a warm southern night . The nearby trees are covered in moss and flowers and if you are seated close to the lazy river of the ride, you will hear crickets and frogs (all sound tracks of course:-).

The menu is limited but contains at least one beef, one chicken, one fish, one pork, and one veggie dish plus a chef's special. The children's menu is reasonably priced (under $15) and has a nice food selection popular with children like chicken strips and mac n cheese. The adult menu is a bit more pricey ( starting around $35 per person) but the food is typically good. We stayed with the basic menu this year since last year we did get sick off the stuffed shrimp from the chef's special. I know - you're asking why did you go back again? We'll the food is really that good and I have decided to just stay away from the specials when dining late at night.

Just remember to call and make your reservation at least 60 days ahead for the best available times. 714-781-3463 for Disney Dining. Anyway, New Year's is a special time of year so treat yourself and eat at the Blue Bayou at least once when you visit Disneyland!

1  Thank deeliteful0702
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Were there years ago & enjoyed. Food not as good now & prices too high for what is offered. Reservations a must, unless you don't mind long waits. Reservations go quickly, so book as soon as you enter park.

1  Thank PatriciaBec
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Rachel made this the best trip we have ever had. We got to leave through a "secret exit." Drew, our server was very attentive and the food was exceptional to say the least. Want a choice cut of beef cooked to perfection? Try it. You won't be disappointed. We sat by the water for a romantic dinner for two; we waived and laughed with the folks passing by in the boats about to begin the attraction.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

You can reserve a table 60 days prior to dining on line. Makes a huge difference. We walked in 5 minutes after our reservation time. Be prepared to wait much longer if you want a water side table. It's expensive. The menu is on the web site so you won't be surprised. 2 lunches with cake came to $99. Like most things at Disney though you are paying for the experience. In our case this visit they had to evacuate the ride when it broke down so it was like a floor show. If you have food allergies the chef comes to the table to discuss your needs. I am never disappointed with the results.

2  Thank Oldhalloween