“Celebrating friends' engagement”

Ranked #9 of 882 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to this restaurant because our friends got engaged earlier that day and they had made reservations. Welcoming was really nice and the waiter was very friendly.
The food was also very good but all had to come to quickly. I had just taken my last bite from my salad and my entree was already served. Presentation was not really great but the food itself was very good. Drinks were free refills!
The desert looked and tasted great.
Price is a bit high, but it's in Disney so...

There are newer reviews for Blue Bayou

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love to travel and eat well, and well attended.
I must say a real good restaurant has two ways, good food and great service, this restaurant has only food and not service at all maybe it was because I was traveling by myself, but there was a table with 5 people that kept all my waiter attention (good tips).
First when I finally the hostess with a sorry face told me we won’t have a spot for you and will be at least 40 minutes waiting list and is is not what tell you is the way they are telling like you don’t want to wait for 40 minutes,!! Come on!! If the food is good I can wait even for like an hour. So I said yes I have no problem to wait obviously they called me after 15 minutes, so I arrived to the lobby of the restaurant where a person should be waiting for me so I ask and no one knew about my table finally a girl came out for me.
The my waiter came and did say his name just put the menus on the table and ask what we are going to drink, lemonade was really good, after 20 minutes I decided to call my waiter and let him know I was ready to order, believe me they brought me shrimps and they were not good they taste like dust so I didn’t eat so I ask for chicken, and it was so dry I ate it because I was really hungry finally I was looking for my waiter to request a glowing kids souvenir but I could find him so I called another person from staff good for there was someone there and did exactly the same for my check. Sorry no tips I was not happy do they care? Did they ask me? No so I don’t care I won’t be back, the place is so nice but I can’t eat the decoration if you l know what I mean.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Waterfront seating here has been on my Disney to do list since I visited with my parents almost 18 years ago. My boyfriend, who proposed the first day of our Disney trip, made the reservations and arranged for us to get the waterfront. Make a reservation, then show up 15-30 minutes early and request the waterfront. Not only did we get "best seat in the house" we actually got in 20 minutes before our reservation! I had the surf and turf and the "fiancee" had the filet mignon: both delicious. The gumbo was fantastic and I really liked the lemonade. We had very attentive servers, constantly getting water refills. It was definitely a magical meal.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Several years ago we had eaten and Blue Bayou. The food was wonderful and topped off by the most amazing ambiance for Disney dining.
Our last trip we looked forward to going again. I think the chef must have changed hands. The food is mediocre at best, significantly overpriced (even for Disney), and you need to make a reservation 2-3 days in advance. The only thing left was the ambiance which kind of loses appeal when everything else sucks.
Honestly the hot dog place on main street is much better value and believe it or not, better quality food.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My family thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. My wife and I had the slow-roasted beef strip loin, which was tender, flavorful and perfect.
Both of our children had the Monte Cristo sandwich's and both said they will order them again.
Our server (Nancy) was friendly, attentive and professional.
I would enthusiastically recommend the Blue Bayou to one and all. It was a rare pleasure.