“Not the best staff-atmosphere only good if u get the right table”
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #9 of 893 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Made reservations(I wasn't a walk in) when I made reservations I told the woman"I want a great table, with a great view." I was informed all their tables were great(not true). We arrived and were seated in about 10-15 mins, which was fine. Very packed restaurant. They walked by two empty tables in the first two rows (only rows worth anything as far as a view of the swamp) and sat us in the back by the kitchen and bathroom! Awful! I spoke up. I told her I had requested a table with a view, reserved the table in person at the beginning of my stay, waited till end of stay to come at suggestion of person I booked with, "more options"and wasn't ok being shoved in back! I pointed out empty table in second row. They then offered to move is up one row. I said that's not the deal, I asked for a great table with view....after10 mins of standing firm (I wasn't rude but wouldn't accept anything less than I had requested the week before. Thank heaven I had the hand written confirmation to prove it!)I got my table. But by then my name was mud so I had a good table with a snarky rude waitress. Took her 20 mins to bring us water, she never offered us drinks. Food was good, but staff stinks they ruin the experience. I've never heard of giving best tables to walk ins! U give the best tables to those who reserve them!

2  Thank Anna D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,844)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We eat at Blue Bayou every time we visit Disneyland. I love the New Orleans/bayou themed decor. It feels as if you are sitting on a patio near the bayou with lanterns and fireflies floating above you. As you eat your jambalya or monte cristo sandwich you watch passengers board the pirates of the carribean ride and disembark. Price is not cheap but then again...nothing in Disneyland is.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I made the reservation 60 days in advance for a party of eight and we only had to wait a couple of minutes for our table. The atmosphere was wonderful right inside my favorite ride. David was our server and he was so patient and pleasant. My daughter had a the macaroni n cheese and ate it up in a just a few minutes it was that good. My husband and brother had the Jambalaya and loved it. They were both torn between that and the Short Ribs but David was good enough to grab them a taste of the jambalya. My sister in law and I had the Beef Loin. So Delicious. And not just the meet but the sides as well. My niece and nephew had the Beef Short Ribs and there was nothing left on their plate. My smallest niece had the chicken on the kids menu. Came with Spaghetti and it was a huge portion. We had such a wonderful time here and the service was superb. We'll be back.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is hands down the best restaurant in "Disneyland". Space is limited, so you do have to make a reservation in advance, because they book up fast. Yes there is a little bit of a wait to be seated, but once you get your first course it was worth the wait. I always get the same thing everytime, you can't go wrong with a salad and Surf and Turf. Sometimes the service isn't always great, but we all have bad days and or the kitchen can get back up. If you want to sit near the water, that is a longer wait since everyone likes to sit there. No matter where you sit you always have a great view.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had reservations but still had to wait to be seated. Then we waited about 30 minutes at least before someone came to take our order. Then we waited that long again for our food. I have very well behaved 9 year old twins, but this pushed their limits. This is a restaurant in a resort that focuses on KIDS, I would expect the service to be faster than most other restaurants! The food really was just OK, especially considering how pricey it is. The kids portion of Mac and cheese was very disappointing - and my kids don't have big appetites. I had to ask for more Mac and cheese for my daughter. We will not be visiting this restaurant again.