“Dine once...just to say you've done it.”
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #10 of 861 Restaurants in Anaheim
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
orange county
“Dine once...just to say you've done it.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

You go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and the first thing you see in the dark is a restaurant, dimly lit by colorful paper lanterns. One can't help but wonder what it's like to dine here, and for years, I kept wondering. Until one day (more specifically after say, 30 rides on the Pirates of the Caribbean), my husband finally made reservations and took me here. Our reservation was for 4:50pm on a Monday. We were 5 minutes late and upon signing in, I asked the host for a "water side" table. We were informed that it would be a 20 to 40 minute wait. I dislike waiting but I figured, what would be the point of dining at Blue Bayou if you don't get the full experience? So we waited. The wait turned out to be 50 minutes.

The ambience is agreeably unique. From your waterside table you can see the shadowy figures of the ride goers as their boats create that initial splash into the water and float by the restaurant.

I was starving from the wait and was hoping to get some appetizers going, unfortunately, the restaurant offers no appetizers. But you do get a bread basket. And you can order either a salad or a cup of gumbo to hold you off. There are about 9 entree choices. Plus a specialty for the day. I ended up ordering the Crab Cakes and my husband decided on the Surf and Turf. Our server was pleasant and our food arrived in a timely manner. There was a generous amount of crab in the crab cakes and the taste wasn't bad but the vegetables, specifically the green beans, were not cooked al dente. My husband was unhappy about his steak. And mentioned that it wasn't worth what he paid for and compared the quality to (gasp!) Sizzler. However, we frequent well-known steakhouses so his standards when it comes to steak is rather high.

They do not serve alcohol but I did order a refreshing mint julep with the glowing ice cube to add to the ambience.

Overall, I'm happy just because I can check it off my list. Would I come back? Highly unlikely. If your palate is craving for a better culinary experience at the Disneyland Parks, try Carthay Circle at California Adventure. A bit more expensive but I found it to be worth it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tntonthego01

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodland, California
“Great View”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

For those of you that don't know this is the Restaurant inside Pirates of the Carribean. The service was great. Anything in Disneyland is not cheap but this place is very relaxing with a nice view of the ride and coves.

Visited December 2012
Long Beach, California
“Must try at least once in your life”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the restaurant right inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland theme park. The atmosphere, the menu, and the thrill of doing something most people don't even realize is possible make this my favorite restaurant in the park!

Visited February 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Yummy food”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I liked the ambience and the waitress was superb. She was very attentive and friendly the whole time, prompt about bringing out our order and our bill. The food was delicious, especially the gumbo. The only flaw was the hostess out front was kind of rude. We had a reservastion but she had a snarky attitude when we walked in, although that vanished when she found we had a reservation. However, we saw that attitude again when I requested a table on the water and she all but rolled her eyes at me and told me it would be a 45(!) minute wait. People who came in after us, without a reservation were told it would be a 30 min. wait so I was non-plussed. Fortunately the great service and delicious food made up for it. Don't miss the creme brulee - is is superb, with fresh fruit and a mint garnish.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kirsten H
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Unexpected”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Decided to try this place in Disneyland when riding Pirates. The staff and food were wonderful. Its a bit pricey but its a place you need to try once while in Disney, I'm craving the gumbo and potatoes as we speak.

• Visited January 2013