“Fun experience you only need to do once”
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
Ranked #10 of 885 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Blue Bayou is just fun. It's cool, it's dark, it smells like the Pirates ride (which I love) and the staff was super courteous and attentive. They remembered our anniversary and gave us some chocolate mousse to share -- which was yummy.

All in all, it is a fun place to come visit, but the food isn't so out of this world that I'd do this a second time at these prices. I've also had good meals at other places in the park. For me, it's the thing I always wanted to do as a child so I'm glad I've checked this off my todo list.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to eat here based on the majority of the reviews. While I can see why people might rate this place higher than us, for us it just was not worth the price. I guess the meal (we ate at noon) got off to a less-than-hoped-for start when we were seated at the table closest to the rest room entrance (which basically means the furthest from the boats). The bread and service was excellent and the food just okay. But there is no way the food justified the prices. When I first saw the prices I thought maybe we had been given the dinner menu in error. Unfortunately, no error. Oh well, like I said, we wanted to try it once. We did, now we can cross that one off.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I just went to Blue Bayou this past weekend with my friends. The experience is worth every penny. The restaurant might be on the pricey side. But at least it's less expensive than Club 33 (from what I heard) and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Make sure you make a reservation because this restaurant is incredibly popular. I love the ambience of the Blue Bayou because it makes you feel like you're in a serene atmoshere in Lousiana. I also like how the Blue Bayou is not exclusive like Club 33.
I ordered a filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. Even the side dishes of mash potatoes, mushrooms, and string beans were flavorful. I also ordered creme brulee, and they served a huge portion. The creme brulee was delicious. The food tastes better and is less expensive than Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
The service was excellent. The servors are willing to fetch about anything for you. They will even take a group picture for you.
I would recommend people to try Blue Bayou at least once in their lifetime. The experience is totally worth it and perfect for any occasion.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I really enjoyed the blue bayou. This is probably my 5th time eating there. I really love the atmosphere. The atmosphere is by far the best thing about the blue bayou. You literally see boats float by from pirates of Caribbean. I've had anything from their crab cakes and steak to the famous Monte Cristo. I would recommend going on the lunch menu due to the cost of the experience you might be able to save a little money. We went this last weekend and I ordered the Monte Cristo. I would also like to recommend that you come very hungry. I would suggest eating a small breakfast going hungry for lunch. The wait staff seriously pampers you with refills or any other request I’m sure you would have. Overall if you are not in to paying 20-40 dollars a person for a meal then I would suggest go at least once to enjoy it. You will not regret it.
TIP- Every time I go to Blue Bayou there is always a bunch of people trying to get a table. I would recommend calling Disney dining and getting reservation prior to your trip to DLand.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had not been impressed with dinner at the Blue Bayou in January. However, we returned during a family reunion in July for lunch, and I'm so glad we did.....a delightful experience. Early lunch was a good time to dine with our two-year-old granddaughter. She enjoyed the atmosphere, taking in the sights and sounds of the "bayou." We had the Monte Cristo sandwich--a favorite. There is a split plate charge which let us each have salad or soup and the accompaning veggies. The waitress was very gracious, telling us to take our time and enjoy. We will return---especially for lunch. Make reservations early (60 days ahead) for the best selection of time.