“Fine example of Disney fine/signature dining.”
Review of Napa Rose

Napa Rose
Ranked #10 of 872 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
“Fine example of Disney fine/signature dining.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Having eaten in most of Disney's fine/signature restaurants in Florida, we had to see what Disneyland had to offer in our recent trip.

We had a 3 course meal along with a special little drink from their very rare section of the menu to conclude with. All of which was outstanding.

Service is typical high end Disney. Extremely classy but without being pretentious.

Food wise, I can definitely recommend the starter of Scallops, and entree of Beef Tenderloin - both of course were cooked to perfection.

Only possible slight complaint would be that we got a little lost in the Grand Californian hotel looking for the restaurant - better signs might be good! But it allowed us to see what a beautiful hotel it is.

1 Thank anthony2k12

Los Angeles, California
“Great Meal, A Tad Pricey”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went here for my birthday dinner and I have to say it was a memorable meal. It is pricey but the filet was like butter, one of the best I have had. Wasn't as impressed with the truffle mac but it was still really good. I was off the bottle that night, but the Arnold Palmer was on point! ;)

Husband had rabbit dumplings which he said were good but rich and a salad. We topped it off with a warm truffle cake and salted caramel ice cream which were very tasty. Not sure it is totally worth the price point but it's Disney, so what isn't over priced really?

I'd go again - it was a great meal.

1 Thank Emily V
Los Angeles, California
“Overpriced and underwhelming”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I am a Southern California native and a Disney fan. My family and I visit Disneyland no less than four times per year and definitely appreciate good food and good service, and price doesn't matter as long as our criteria is met. I had read reviews for this restaurant and thought it would be a perfect location to invite my parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary. That being said, my husband, 7 year old son, two elderly parents and I met at the Napa Rose for dinner. Unfortunately, it was not like I expected. To begin with, we are Premier Annual Passholders and were told by the Disney dining reservation staff that we would be able to take advantage of a 20% discount, only to find out when we arrived at the restaurant that was not the case. We were seated promptly by the hostess, however our female server seriously lacked customer service skills and enjoyed telling corny jokes rather than focusing on her job of providing great customer service. We ordered the scallops, as well as mixed cold appetizers, and those were very good and came out promptly. Our main course arrived approximately 20 minutes later. The dinner consisted of lamb, steak and a cheese pizza for my son. Again, the food was good, however not spectacular and lacked salt. Our water glasses were never refilled until the end of the meal despite our multiple requests, and our server never checked on us to see if we needed anything or whether or not the food was to our liking. Once we concluded dinner, our plates sat unattended for no less than 20 minutes. A "bus boy" eventually came by and offered us water at the end of our meal. Our server came back eventually to see if we wanted dessert and was very prompt about delivering the check and coming back a few times within a five minute timeframe to see if we needed anything at that point. I can only assume that she wanted to make sure to leave a good impression before we decided on her tip. All in all, the entire dinner was over priced and underwhelming. As a Southern California resident with access to a plethora of wonderful restaurants, the Napa Rose didn't come close to other restraints in the same category, which was disappointing. We will not be eating here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LondoFam
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Outstanding in every way”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had an amazing meal at Napa Rose last Friday night. My friend and I shared 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, a side dish and a dessert. The service was terrific, from the hostesses to the waiter to the bus staff and the food was divine. Each dish had amazing flavor combinations.We loved everything but the best, if we had to pick, were the "Smiling Tiger Salad" and the Duck, which came with Almond Gnocchi, which was so original and mind-blowing. Love this place!

maui
“Great to Return”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Such a great place to return to. Visited last year and was wowed by chef Andrew Sutton. The service by John Hansen (again) was fabulous (again)! I had heard that chef was going to be coming to Maui and I was looking forward to having his presence on my home turf at Kapalua Wine and Food Festival, however I hear he is overseeing the menu revamps at Studio ? and another Disney eatery so he is now not coming. :-( Thankful nonetheless. Joe the bartender can shake up a seriously dangerous martini so be careful on how many you order. Phenom all around. If you have the chance to go, DO SO!!!