“Excellent food & service”
Review of Napa Rose

Napa Rose
Ranked #8 of 884 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Napa Rose is a high-end, pricey restaurant. The gourmet food, wine list, ambiance and superior service made me forget that I was steps away from Disneyland. Is it expensive? Of course it is. But it's worth it if you have the time to relax and enjoy top-tier dining. Make a reservation, as they fill up fast!

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for dinner on the night of the tink half and I was looking forwarding to refueling post race with some amazing food. We checked in for our reservation that we made online through the Disneyland website and the hostess was swamped and also seemed confused. She offered to sit us in the lounge area but the wait was an hour and I said that I made a reservation online for the main dining room. She apologized and promptly had us seated in the dining room. The dining room was packed, the chairs were super uncomfortable and it took a while for our server to come over. The servers were clearly swamped and the ratio of servers to diners was much lower than I expected. We started out with a gorgonzola and proscuitto pizetta and a green salad. The pizzetta was less than stellar, the salad was ok and they were both not worth the price. For our main courses, i had the filet and my husband had the pork loin- both were delicious and made up for the lackluster starters. We also ordered the truffle mac and cheese but ended up bringing it back to our room for a late night snack. Our meal was long, we were there for over 2 hours and started to get frustrated, uncomfortable in their awful chairs and tired. Also, our server did not have enough time to spend with us because he was busy tending to many other tables. I would eat here again, just to have our main courses, if they invest in more comfortable chairs and improve their service on busier nights.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went to Napa Rose for our 40th anniversary. Eating on the Atkins plan can sometimes be difficult, but Napa Rose "rose" to the occasion. We had a wonderful meal. The service was amazing, attentive but not intrusive, and our servers were polite but friendly. We went dressed well but most of the diners were dressed casually but nicely. It's Disney, after all. The Hotel lobby was nicely decorated for Christmas and it is always a pleasure to walk through it on the way to dinner. Our parking was comped by the restaurant, although it took a very long time for our car to be delivered to us, which is not the fault of the restaurant. We've been to Napa Rose before several times for "occasion" dinners, and we will happily go back.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had so-so service and excellent food. Dinner came to around $175 with no alcohol. We probably would not eat there again, Anaheim has many other good restaurants.

1  Thank scholarma
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The atmosphere was pleasant and I love Disney, but this restaurant fell short of expectations. Everyone was very nice and the food was okay, but not worth the $$$. The meat with "mustard essence" was definitely more than an essence. The chocolate crunch cake with salted caramel ice cream needed a fruit sauce to counteract the bitter chocolate. The kitchen decorated the plate beautifully with "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate sauce, which was very sweet. The waiter was knowledgeable, though sometimes, we were waiting on him for longer than usual. My husband and I aren't chefs, but we love to cook and all through the meal, we were discussing how to make the dishes better.
I DO highly recommend ordering a hot chocolate drink (not the dessert with the same name). We arrived early and were seated in the lounge so we ordered the cheese plate and drinks. Best hot chocolate I've ever had. However, we were both surprised by the raisin bread that accompanied the cheese plate. The flavor of the bread completely overpowered most of the cheeses and competed with them instead of complementing them.
Again, huge Disney fan, but have had better food at less cost at other nearby restaurants. Glad we went once, but no need to go again. When paying almost $200 for 2 people, we shouldn't be thinking of how to improve the dishes.

1  Thank G_K09