“Best Disney Italian ever”
Review of Napa Rose

Napa Rose
Ranked #9 of 885 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Best wines, pastas & pizzas ever
Very Italian for Dwtn Disney patrons & guests alone
Must dine here.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We dined here with our 3.5 year old and it was simply beautiful.

There were no issues with us bringing Sophie. They gave her pencils and a colouring book, her own 'special' cup and bread straight away, as she asked for it. They made us feel relaxed, considering it's an upmarket restaurant and busy.

The food and service were outstanding.

A must......

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Celebrated my husband's 80th birthday at Napa Rose in the Disney California Grand Hotel. We sat at the chef's counter, seats 3 and 4. A great experience. We chose the chef's menu, which was his selections versus ordering straight off the menu. Chef asked us if we had any food allergies or specific foods we did not like. I asked if he had lamb in the kitchen and he did...what would I get...a delicious lamb chop cooked perfectly to my liking.
Our meal began with an appetizer, then continued with other items, risotto, scallops, salmon, lamb, beef, buffalo, and a host of other items I can't remember :) Two hours later when dessert arrived we were stuffed BUT did have some of our dessert. We took the rest home.The meal was perfectly spaced over the two hours.
Seats 3 and 4 were great, we had a perfect view of the kitchen. The others seats (1 & 2) were either blocked by a display case or the seats (5-8) were on the side that wasn't as interesting to see inside the kitchen.
From the counter you can talk with the cooks, ask the chef questions and interact with everyone. It was great!
Prior to our reservations, there are two seatings, 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. (we had the 8:30 seating) I was able to make arrangements with the hostesses regarding paying in advance, seat reservations, whether we wanted wine pairing or not and telling them that it was my husband's 80th birthday.
Everyone in the restaurant was great. I don't think we could eat like this all the time, not to mention the cost. But for special occasions, it was well worth it. I recommend it at least once.

1  Thank Kathleen K
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We celebrated my wife's birthday at Disneyland the other day and decided to try Napa Rose to cap off this very special day. I have to say we had a EXCELLENT time. Our server Mickey (how appropriate) took care of us perfectly with great advise and recommendations. The food was delicious and for every dish we were so anxious and excited to see what flavors would burst in our mouths. Try the Sizzling Rock appetizer, Squash Soup or Smiling Tiger Salad. YUM. We had the Duck Breast, Angus Filet, and my daughter had the Free range Roasted Chicken. Don't forget dessert. Mickey our waiter loves chocolate so we had to try the Chocolate Truffle Cake and the Pumpkin Creme Brulee (wife loves pumpkin). Great Service, Wonderful atmosphere. We will definitely be back here again. One note: AP discounts do not apply.

1  Thank Seeker55
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and best friend share theexact same birthday, so we decided to go to Disneyland to celebrate thier40th. We booked Napa Rose to celebrate on their actual birthday. Our 6 yo daughter also joined us. Our server, Saucy, was fantastic. He attended to our every need, gave us good descriptions of menu items and specials, and delighted us with his sense of humour.

The food was absolutely delicious. The wine was wonderful. The desserts were decadent. We had an absolutely fantastic night.

It was expensive but certainly was a real highlight of our trip and the Birthday Boy and Girl thouroughly enjoyed being spoiled for their celebration.

1  Thank Amandaandian