“Can't believe it is Disney”
Review of Napa Rose

Napa Rose
Ranked #8 of 861 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Can't believe it is Disney”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were here years ago and we went back to see if our memories had deceived us into thinking it was so good. Well senility aside, the place is still superb in every respect. Our recommendation to adults is to eat at a later seating if you want to avoid kids and enjoy a relaxed and elegant meal. One of us had the 4 course set meal with wine pairings and we both were visibly impressed. The wines were perfect accompaniments to the food and the pours were extremely generous. The presentation was also something to marvel at as the whole experience made us forget we were in Disney as opposed to San Francisco or in Sonoma where we had recently traveled. Kudos to Disney for offering first rate choices for adults. We will go back if we return to the area.

1 Thank Jeffroyboy

Carmel, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went with friends and we were looking to relax and get away from the Disney experience for a brief time. It was fantastic. The food was excellent, our waiter was knowledgeable and atmosphere calming and wonderful. It was worth the pricey check!

Toronto, Canada
“An elegant and delicious meal”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were impressed with the decor, the service and the whole experience of dining here. It is expensive but the food was exquisite and beautifully prepared. The wait staff know everything about every item on the food and wine menu and because it's a Disney Resort restaurant, they are super friendly. This was one of my favourite meals this vacation (2 weeks in California), great for special occasions.

Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was the best meal of our trip. The ambiance is nice, if not a bit crowded. Service was good. Food was excellent. Roasted short rib dish was amazing.

Try and book one of the 2 "kitchen tables" that seat 4 people each. We'd do this the next time.

San Jose, California
“From a Napa Rose Regular”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I consider myself a Napa Rose "Regular"; I've been eating here 1-2 times a year since 2004. Chef Andrew Sutton always remembers me when I come in, since I usually sit at the Chef's table. My last visit was April 2013, with a return visit planned either in August or September. There has never been a dish that I didn't like, and service has always been impeccable. I remember the first time I came here in 2004, I noticed that the staff was so caring about me since I am allergic to all types of nuts. They not only know which dishes contain nuts, or ones that can be prepared without them, they also notify the kitchen to make sure there is no cross-contamination with nuts in the dishes that don't even have them. Every item they bring out, they announce that there are no nuts or no nut cross-contamination. I don't think I've been to any other restaurant that is so caring about the safety of their diners.

Over the years, they have varied their dessert selection to have more items that don't contain nuts. For many years, they only desserts I could have were the crème brûlée (but it's an awesome one) or sorbet (also awesome). Last April, I had pineapple turnovers. The flavors brought back childhood memories of eating pineapple upside down cake. You get 2 mini turnovers, but I was very full, so I asked for one to be wrapped up to go. It was wrapped in a white paper bag, put in a large to-go box, and placed in a large plastic handle bag, that has their rose icon on it. All of this trouble for one mini turnover! Now that's service! I still have and use the bag.

Looking over the other reviews, I saw that many people gave a lower rating for value. Yes, this place is pricey, and it's one of the most expensive places I've ever been to. It's definitely the most expensive place I go to on a semi-regular basis. I typically spend $115 just on myself after a 20% tip, and I don't drink! But I have no problem spending that much, because it is worth it, every time.

All I can say to those who had a bad experience, you probably just came on an off-night. Nobody is perfect. But I've been coming here for nearly a decade, and they are consistently the best. Please give them another try.

• Visited April 2013