“Great food and View”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

In downtown Disney not always easy to get to but the food and wine are great and if you time it right you can see the fireworks in the summer about 9:30 pm

Great romantic dinner if timed properly !

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were very happy with our dinner at Napa Rose. In the middle of a kid vacation at Disneyland, adult food and beverage were much appreicated. It far surprassed our expectations. This was geniunely good food. Not your usual hotel restaurant faire. I had a tomato salad that was out of this world! It was pricey, but so is everything at Disneyland and I really felt like this was worth it. The service was very good too. A great evening!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We enjoy sitting at the bar and sharing appetizers with a glass of wine. The food is always great and the service was great.

1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hubby and I like to tell people we come here a few times a year, for special occasions. But sometimes Thursday is special enough, and it's usually more than a couple times a year, too! This is our hands-down favorite restaurant!

We've eaten here many times as we live about 35 minutes away. Sometimes we tie dinner into a theme park visit, and sometimes we just come for dinner.

Over the years we've come to request one favorite waiter/sommelier Saucy, and you'll see his name mentioned over and over in reviews.

Most recent visit was Friday Sept 7th, my birthday, with a family group of 5 locals, plus a two night, three day birthday fest! We met in the Napa Rose Lounge and I got a birthday present - a Build-A Bear from my niece who worked there during college summer break. We often start our night here at the gorgeous bar, this time a table for 5 family members, one teen and 4 adults. Tip: if you are a walk-in, and the restaurant is full, try for a seat in the lounge or at the bar. You can order the full menu at the bar, or enjoy a lighter meal off the bar menu.

On to the restaurant. We usually bring our own wine (corkage is $20) and drop it off during the day if we are visiting one of the theme parks. When you do this, your wine magically shows up on your table before you are seated, and at the perfect temperature, too. We brought a Rhone-Style bottle from Terry Hoage Vineyards in Paso Robles.

Our group of five ordered Filet, pork chops, soups, salads, and I had the summer Vintner's Table - 4 courses, including dessert, $90. With the steak being $45, this is a good and adventurous choice. After our bottle of wine was finished, we asked Saucy (who is also a sommelier) to just surprise us with glasses of wine which paired with our entrees. We were not dissapointed.

My dessert came on a plate accentuated with chocolate happy birthday, and some cappucinos.

This was my relative's first meal here, tho' they are also local, the price is over their meal budget. 19 year old niece loved the opportunity to eat in an elegant restaurant, and she dressed the part, it being Dapper Day and all. Everyone loved every aspect of Napa Rose. So glad to share (and pick up the tab) dinner at Napa Rose. Mon-Sun 5:30 pm - 10 pm

Final thought - I see Executive Chef Andrew Sutton now has the same position at Carthay Circle Restaurant. And former Napa Rose chef Gloria Tae takes the helm at the new restaurant (Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street in California Adventure). That's good news for everyone!

1  Thank astrojane
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I are frequent traveler's to Disneyland Resort but we had never eaten at the Napa Rose. We did a short couple's trip last month and I finally got my husband to agree to try the Napa Rose. We were not disappointed in any way. We are not big wine drinkers (ok, not wine drinkers at all really) but he tried the wine pairing with his meal and thoroughly enjoyed the selections. The food was excellent. We sat at seats 5&6 at the Chef's Counter (there are 8 seats total) and I would suggest requesting these seats. We did the Vintner's Table and the chef came and spoke to us about any preferences/dislikes and allergies. Everything was divine. My special highlights were the scallop (which normally are not one of my seafood picks) and rabbit meatloaf. The service was wonderful.

If my pocketbook can handle it, I would love to go back.

2  Thank TeddiBytheBay