“Large, tasty portions for a good price”
Review of Punjabi Tandoor

Punjabi Tandoor
Ranked #510 of 878 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Indian
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large, tasty portions for a good price”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This review is actually for the San Diego location, but they have the same menu. I ordered a combo. It came with vegetable curry, lentils, rice, naan, and dessert for about $8. It's a very casual place- you order at the counter and they bring your food to you in styrafoam. (That could be more environmentally friendly.) I wanted mine very mild, and they made it to my taste. If I lived in town, I would definitely visit again.

• Visited October 2012

“Good food”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant has really good food. Being Indian and trying Indian restaurants all over the world I feel I am qualified to say the food is authentic and tastes just like home. The only complaint I have is that I wish they would serve the food actual plates and not in styrofoam. There is a decent sitting area and tables so it feels like a restaurant but they treat you like a take out customer. You order at the front and then you pick up the food from the counter when it is done. There is no reason that they have to do this as the food was freshly made just like any other sit down restaurant and not just served from a pre-made tray. Tables and chairs were nice (not cafeteria style) so this could be a reallynice sit down restaurant. Food was fantastic. We had the butter chicken, eggplant bharta(the best I have ever eaten) and the chicken vindaloo which is more on the creamy side rather than the tangy vineger tomato based curry we are used to at other restaurants but still good. Naans were fresh and rice was hot. No complaints about the food. Definately will go back whenever we are in the Anaheim area.

Visited September 2012