“Awesome meal!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Parker, Colorado
“Awesome meal!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I had wanted to try this place for two visits to DCA and was trying to keep my expectations in check so I wasn't disappointed...no worries- I loved it! We had a 5:30 reservation which turned out to be perfect for viewing the Pixar parade from the balcony overlooking Buena Vista Street. Once the parade finished we sat down to enjoy a terrific meal. Super food and just a lovely ambiance. I would definitely recommend the Carthay for a special occasion or just a special treat when visiting DCA.

Oregon Coast
“Special Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My daughter and I had lunch reservations for our first visit to Carthay Circle during our latest trip to Disneyland's California Adventure. We viewed the menu and prices on line several weeks before our trip, so were aware what to expect. We both decided on the hamburgers and were pleasantly surprised that our server asked us how we wanted them cooked! My daughter ordered medium, mine medium rare. They were done to perfection, juicy and delicious. I know that many items may be pre fixed, but many are cooked to order.The fries were very good too, but like a few others have stated, eat the sandwich first and because the servings are so generous, the fries last if you have room. The service was excellent and the ambiance of the restaurant is very special. Well worth the price. I have to agree with Amber D. about not bringing children unless they are old enough to appreciate the "fine dining" experience. Carthay Circle will most likely be on our list of places to eat during all our future visits.

Hayti, Missouri
“Great fine dining at Disney's California Adventure”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I loved the Carthay Circle Restaurant. I made reservations several weeks in advance for the Disney World of Color package. My meal started in the lounge, where I ordered a fantasically wonderful old-fashioned daquiri, of which I had several. The meal itself was also wonderful, although it is pre-fixe. The starter was a tomato soup that was seasoned to perfection. I also added on the fried biscuits and they were every bit as good as people have said. I only wished I could eat all of them. My entree was the Skuna salmon, which was again, absolutely perfect: cooked and seasoned to perfection. Dessert, however, was probably my favorite part of the meal: a chocolate mousse with crunchy bits. I've had this mousse before at Disney World, and I've been craving it ever since, so I was surprised to find it as part of a pre fixe menu. The service was exemplary and a server even carried my drink from the lounge to the restaurant for me when my table was ready. All in all, this was a great fine dining experience.

Manteca, California
“Perfect for a Special Evening”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is quite the dinning experience, but I don't advise you bring your kids unless they're older and appreciate fine dinning. My friend and I decided to take advantage of the World of Color package offered through this restaurant and we're not disappointed. The prix fixe menu had wonderful options. We received a delicious salad (or soup), entrée, and dessert. My friend ordered the New York steak and it was huge! I'm not a big meat fan so I ordered the raviolis, which compared to the steak was tiny. However, what the ravioli lacked in size they made up for in filling-ness. We were both stuffed before he brought our dessert. I don't remember what it is called, but it was the chocolate option and it was amazing! I can't wait to bring my husband here on our next trip to Disneyland.

World of Color was as amazing as ever and the section you're in is good. I wouldn't say it's much better than any other vantage point, but it is center stage. If you've never seen World of Color, don't be misled by any review that refers to the section as "seating." The only people sitting when the show starts are the ones in strollers or wheelchairs. Also, if you're short like me plan to arrive at least an hour early for the show to get the best view.

• Visited January 2014
Phoenix, AZ
“Fantastic meal and World of Color dining - lunch”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed a fabulous meal at Carthay Circle on a Sat. afternoon. It was pricey, but we knew that going into it and are glad to report that we thought it was worth the price. I booked a reservation online a week in advance.

My husband had the burger and I had the open-faced roast beef sandwich. The roast beef was amazing and tender and I loved every bite. The hamburger was very good, but my husband liked my sandwich even better (the few bites that he got of it anyway). The fries that came with it were very good, but you can have fries anytime. Eat the sandwich!

We ordered the "biscuits" with jalapeno and cheese in them as an appetizer in addition to the salads that came with the WOC dining package. They biscuits are not spicy, so don't be put off by the jalapeno in them. They were wonderful! The salad that came with the meal was really one of the best I've ever had. It had warm butternut squash cubes on it and it was just wonderful all around. Amazing!

For dessert we both had the chocolate mousse cake. It was decadent and perfect. The mango and raspberry sauces on the plate pair with it perfectly. A soda was also included in the meal.

We received World of Color tickets and got a place to stand nearly in the middle for viewing. I've seen this show a few times before, but this vantage point was so much better than before that I felt like I saw it for the first time. We arrived about 45 min. before the show started and got a place right at the fence.

I'd do this all again in a heartbeat! I felt it was worth the price and the awesome WOC tickets! no regrets!

2 Thank pellapopper