“Review of Carthay Circle LOUNGE”

Carthay Circle Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 896 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Didn't go to the restaurant upstairs this time, stayed in the Lounge. This is easily my favorite place to relax while in DCA. They have a cocktail menu, but it's a full bar and the bartenders are happy to make you something that's not on the menu. They have a small but nice beer list, and the taps are local craft breweries. They have some nice appetizers too.
Even if you don't plan on going to the restaurant, this is a great place to visit!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our group of 8 had lunch reservations at Carthay Circle. We were directed to this location by the reservations concierge given that no reservations were available at Blue Bayou. She suggested that this was a comparable dining choice. We were not disappointed. The reservation was handled with a tolerable wait while we sat in the lounge on the lower level. We were ushered to our table on the upper level. The decor is breathtaking! Beautiful wood paneling, photographs of old Disney history, gorgeous tables. We chose the prix-fixe menu for $39 including the preferred seating for the World of Color. This is not inexpensive, but included an appetizer, entree and dessert. In our group of 8 we pretty much sampled everything on the menu and everyone reported a delicious meal. It was about a 1.5 hour dining stop, but we enjoyed the atmosphere, companionship, food and service. A bonus was the preferred World of Color viewing section. We thoroughly enjoyed this show!

2  Thank Carol C
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Kind of amazing to be sitting down for a 75 minute dinner in the middle of a theme park. We very much enjoyed our lunch here. The prices are high but we had no complaints with the food or the service. In fact, the service was 5 stars. If you are doing Disney, you know it is expensive so budget some extra money, step away from the crowds below and enjoy this oasis.

1  Thank david10225
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I dined at Carthay Circle twice on this visit, once in the main dining area as part of a World of Color seating package and once in the lounge. For the main dining experience I arrived early for my reservation but waited a half hour past my reservation time to be seated. The process for finding people when their table is ready consists of the staff wandering around the lounge from table to table trying to find the party, very inefficient. The restaurant is all dark woods and rose colors and it is obvious they are trying to evoke a past era. What a shame then that they chose to include, well, not an open kitchen really, but kind of a kitchen window/server station that totally disrupts any intended ambiance. Hearing "Order up" and watching the kitchen passing plates to the wait staff throughout your meal is more evocative of a diner. That should go.
They had a "Fall" World of Color menu when I was there and it was heavily punctuated with squash. I know winter officially hasn't hit yet in mid December but it seems passé to still be presenting an autumn menu when the park is fully decorated for Christmas. I heard a few other tables remarking unfavorably on the high squash content of the menu so I don't think I was the only one who found this odd.
My servers Liz and Josef were exceptional. Liz volunteered to bring me a different side when I asked her to leave the Brussell sprouts off (even though she emphasized that they were cooked in bacon..like that would make them more palatable). Josef kept the water glass filed and whisked the finished plates off immediately. I had the thyme pork chop which was Fred Flintstone huge. It had a wonderful flavor and I wished I had more room to polish it off.
I also had lunch in the lounge one day and I enjoyed the offerings that differed from the upstairs dining room. The Vietnamese beef tacos were worth going back for and pork sliders with apricot were good too. I was most impressed though by the rose petal soda which was like drinking a delicate rose. Not for everyone I'm sure but I appreciated it's unique quality.
I took the tour offered for the Carthay Circle and got to see the various dining rooms and hear the history behind the original theater and the ideas behind some of the designs.
I would definitely go back to the lounge. I would do the dining room again for the chance to have a decent viewing spot for World of Color. I would however, ask to be re-seated away from the kitchen/server area and optimally, would like to see that area removed from the dining environment. It has no place in the atmosphere they are trying to present.

2  Thank IMBELLE
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The restaurant is stunning. Gorgeous details everywhere. Even the bathrooms are amazing. The is diverse, and has something for no matter what you're in the mood for. The staff is very allergy knowledgable, and suggested an amazing gluten free chicken dish and asparagus on the side- perfection!